View Poll Results: would you call him/her a Christian

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes: Christian

    34 72.34%
  • no: not a Christian

    13 27.66%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 786

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    33

    Question Christian but I donít celebrate Christmas or Easter!

    If someone told you I am a Christian but I donít celebrate Christmas or Easter! what would you say to that person ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,895
    I would say "Its to hot... please meet RoBoTeq"
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    where you at?
    Posts
    3,359
    is this poll an attempt to bring about Fundie Attacks?

    ...'cause, there com'n.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by tonys View Post
    is this poll an attempt to bring about Fundie Attacks?

    ...'cause, there com'n.
    nope i just want to see what most believe.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Beach under the Sun
    Posts
    42

    Christian?

    First off, Why would you not celebrate those sacred times if you say your a Christian????

    If you say your a Christian but will not celebrate the birth and resurrection of the Savior, Then what makes you a Christian? To believe? Believing alone is not enough. Even Lucifer himself believes there is a Lord God. How you live and interact with Christ and your fellow humans is more of the measurement of what you are. If you've walked away for your Christianity for whatever reason, or have not asked him in to your heart. He will be waiting for you with open arms. Ask and you shall receive.
    I don't think you need a poll to tell you what you already know in your own heart.
    Plates5

    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long
    after the sweetness of low price is forgoten."
    John Preston

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    where you at?
    Posts
    3,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Plates5 View Post
    First off, Why would you not celebrate those sacred times if you say your a Christian????

    If you say your a Christian but will not celebrate the birth and resurrection of the Savior, Then what makes you a Christian? To believe? Believing alone is not enough. Even Lucifer himself believes there is a Lord God. How you live and interact with Christ and your fellow humans is more of the measurement of what you are. If you've walked away for your Christianity for whatever reason, or have not asked him in to your heart. He will be waiting for you with open arms. Ask and you shall receive.
    I don't think you need a poll to tell you what you already know in your own heart.

    ...we have our first fundie-spotting.

  7. #7
    There's a reason this thread is dominated by tonys.

    Here's a poll for ya'....

    Do you know the reason??

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,915
    Christmas and Easter = hostile takeover of perfectly good pagan holidays.

    The symbols and rituals surrounding each holiday were barely even changed, mostly just dropped/modified the really fun parts...

    Virtually all of the symbolism and tradition of "Christmas" come directly from pagan holidays that had already been going on at that time of year for centuries. Almost nothing about it has anything to do with Christ's birth, not even the time of year the holiday is celebrated.
    In the almost 1800 years since it became a "Christian" holiday, even more traditions with various pagan roots have been added from various cultures.

    The holiday now known as Easter was pagan many centuries before there was a such thing as a Christian. Some of the fertility symbols are still associated with the holiday.
    We all know what activity rabbits are known for.
    Last edited by mark beiser; 10-25-2007 at 06:43 PM.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Plates5 View Post
    First off, Why would you not celebrate those sacred times if you say your a Christian????

    If you say your a Christian but will not celebrate the birth and resurrection of the Savior, Then what makes you a Christian? To believe? Believing alone is not enough. Even Lucifer himself believes there is a Lord God. How you live and interact with Christ and your fellow humans is more of the measurement of what you are. If you've walked away for your Christianity for whatever reason, or have not asked him in to your heart. He will be waiting for you with open arms. Ask and you shall receive.
    I don't think you need a poll to tell you what you already know in your own heart.
    so you r saying because someone does not celebrate Xmas and easter they r lost! am i reading u right ? were in the bible did Christ r any of his followers celebrate Xmas

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SW MO.
    Posts
    5,219
    You're still a Christian even if you don't celebrate Easter and Christmas.

    I think Christians should actually celebrate Passover, for the mere fact Jesus was the sacrificial Lamb. Otherwise celebrate resurrection Sunday.

    As for Christmas, we are not telling our kids about Santa Claus. And we aren't shoving Christ down their throats either. We tell them why we celebrate Christmas( for Jesus' birth).
    And you know what. They don't care that Santa wasn't the one that gave them presents.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

    We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Its 2 Hot View Post
    so you r saying because someone does not celebrate Xmas and easter they r lost! am i reading u right ? were in the bible did Christ r any of his followers celebrate Xmas
    His birthday wasn't celebrated till after Jesus left the earth and ascended into heaven. Now who cares if we do not know the exact date of the birth of Jesus or resurrection of Jesus from the dead on Easter Sunday. They are important events and should be celebrated without a bunch of nitpickers attacking them. Cut us some slack here. Go fight the Muslims or whatever and stop trying to create dissention in the Christian community.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    I would say "Its to hot... please meet RoBoTech."
    what wrong question?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Its 2 Hot View Post
    what wrong question?
    No, as far as I remember, Robo also has no use for Easter and Christmas. There is also no doubt that he is a Christian.

    As for me, I'm not religous but have no problem with the holidays.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event