Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by orlandotech View Post
    Trane had a system like that more than a decade ago. The CU model was a XV1500. It used a communicating Tstat and a var. speed AHU along with the dc driven var. speed compressor. I think the reason it didn't catch on was it was way ahead of it's time, so far ahead that hardly anyone could work on them without shooting in the dark with new parts.
    In today's units, the parts are so small that they can fit on one circuit board.

My how times have changed.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Thanks to all- sorry for the dealy- $%%^& rental didn't have internet as promised and I have been offline for too long....

it seems paying for inverter technology is the way to go, but I am a bit confused about the benefits of the heat pump. The room is on its own gas/hw/fin baseboard zone, and here on Long Island, the heat is on for maybe 2 weeks or so before the overnight temp dips into the low 30s (Fahrenheit) which I understand is the point where heat pumps loose efficiency. So if I understand correctly, its worth paying for during the heat pumps for those two weeks each spring and fall?

Quote Originally Posted by Spacer View Post
    Thanks to all- sorry for the dealy- $%%^& rental didn't have internet as promised and I have been offline for too long....

it seems paying for inverter technology is the way to go, but I am a bit confused about the benefits of the heat pump. The room is on its own gas/hw/fin baseboard zone, and here on Long Island, the heat is on for maybe 2 weeks or so before the overnight temp dips into the low 30s (Fahrenheit) which I understand is the point where heat pumps loose efficiency. So if I understand correctly, its worth paying for during the heat pumps for those two weeks each spring and fall?
    As mentioned by mchild the heat output of the mini splits is typically higher than conventional heat pumps. That system will most likely heat your room fine with OD temps in the mid teens. Set the baseboard stat 2 deg below the heat set point of the minisplit. I would be surprised if the baseboard comes on more than an hour during the coldest nights.
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12