+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SO THIS IS WHAT I DID AT 9PM AFTER LARGE CABLE GUY CLIMBED OVER MY UNIT

Post Likes

Lightbulb SO THIS IS WHAT I DID AT 9PM AFTER LARGE CABLE GUY CLIMBED OVER MY UNIT

My attic is very tight, but to get to the phone lines,you can go around all equipment,but i guess he saw i had threaded rod and steel braces under unit and in ceiling so im guessing as i saw him when he left he was a good 400lbs EASy ,ok so to the good stuff the pics will do the talking,but before i had a/c drains going out rear of house into gutter,which was ok except for wet spot in yard all the time,and the heating thru side of house into gutter again, this was worst as cold days would leave a LARGE patch of ice, so i always wanted to get around to re-routing them to the far end of attic tapping a vent pipe,i know i know,but the excess water was dangerous and muddy depends on season....there no licensing yet in nj. applied they are doing now FINALLY...ok house was rebuilt entirely 5 years ago except for this tiny part of attic,so i had to crawl whole job,my house is at max height inspector said i couldn't go any higher 45 feet high..ok so i finally ,took a while in and out getting supply's i didn't plan this at 9pm, today i have to notch some beams to get more a pitch,they have a pitch,but not what i demand....ok so for the good stuff...

AFTER HE SAT ON UNIT AND BROKE UNISTRUT THE DRAIN WAS UNDER UNIT SO CRUSH CITY

THIS IS THE RUN ABOUT 20 FEET FROM UNIT A/C SIDE THAN GOES UNDER TO PICK UP HEAT CONDENSATE ANOTHER 3 OR SO

FUN FUN FUN CLIMBING THRU ALL THIS DAMM INSULATION

HERE'S THE CRAZINESS THIS IS THE A/C ONLY,AND GOING TO SPLIT THEM INTO 2 TONIGHT IT WAS RAINING AND I HAD TO SEAL VENT PIPE,SO DON'T JUMP ON ME THIS WAS ALL AFTER WORKING A 14HR DAY REMIND YOU!!!AND AREA WILL BE SPOTLESS WHEN I'M DONE DUCTS PROPERLY HUNG ETC

NOW THE ACTUAL REPLACEMENT THE REASON I STARTED THIS

ARGGGGHHHH

ONE MORE THAN THE FINALE,SORRY PICS SO BIG !!!!

AND THE CHERRY ON TOP,UNTILL LATER WHEN I HAVE TO NOTCH ALL THOSE BEAMS AND STRAP,NO PICS FOR THAT,
    USE YOUR IMAGINATION
    [URL=http://s981.photobucket.com/user/tommyblazin/media/photo2_zps6002048a.jpg.html]

Post Likes
    THIS IS THE CHERRY I COULD ONLY POST 11 AT A TIME

[/URL]

NEXT TIME I'LL WORK ON MY OWN DAMM PHONE LINE

Post Likes
    OK Furnace keeps cycling on and off reading pressure switch open with inducer on, it was late,venting the furnace drain wasn't a good idea i suppose..lol

Post Likes
    Looks like pulling blower assembly from that won't be fun...

Post Likes
    WOW< WHAT???

Post Likes
    You do realize someone will put these in the wall of shame don't you?

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by warsawmo View Post
    You do realize someone will put these in the wall of shame don't you?

Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    Looks like you can get a condensate pump in there.
    Don't forget the AUX. drain pan!

Post Likes
    Jus sayin

Post Likes

no need for a condensate, and the total height is 4 feet, and behind much lower 3 feet max, i said my house was built to max height anyhow i re-routed the vent to pan,and
    re- did alot in the back, id like to see what you could pull off after a 14hr day, i think i did damm well considering the conditions,id doubt you would make it behind, comments like that to yourself, im sorry after a day like that im not superman like you there WARSOMO....and btw im sure i can and work on equipment you never heard of or seen,have you ever did a simple start up of a SERESCO dehumidifier? you know simple websentry technology, i can go on and on sorry everyone, btw, it wasn't the vent, i put a new draft inducer in 2 weeks ago and i noticed a draft i stuck my hand on the under side by chance. than say a drip.very little drip, a trip to auto zone and some black rtv and all's good now,and yes i can open front panel easill...y

Post Likes
    and there's a pan as well, i have unit hanging with uni-strut, but i assure you there's a pan, a alarm, and as of today 3 separate drains for a/c only 2 for coil, 1 for pan, and another for heat so 4 total, and there going into 2 different stacks....all good fellas, i didn't need to be critiqued, i thought the story of fat man bringing all this on was entertainment,sorry never again, as the hecklers with 3-4 years exp are going to tell a licensed ac/plumber,and nate cert how to do a job....

Post Likes
    Wow dude you brought this on yourself!
    Notch beams??
    Btw love the flex return.
    drain into vent pipe?

And please explain the pic in post# 11?

Post Likes
    OK well ummmm wow where do I start....... whew no to much effort and just too easy. what state do you live in I need to go there I will stay busy year around. and if you did that and are nate certified, I really should reconsider my next extension to my nate cert.
    I think I have to ask this ....... since when does low volume and velocity water run UP hill? thought I understood physics better than that but hey with new technology and all who knows anymore. till you work in a 2/12or 3/12 pitch roof attic then talk to me about tight spaces and having to work with no room. anyway just saying ......
    Its not what you know its what you can prove.

Post Likes
    OP: Maybe if you'd use less commas, you would be more likely to finish a complete thought; and folks would be able to follow along better.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    OP: Maybe if you'd use less commas, you would be more likely to finish a complete thought; and folks would be able to follow along better.
    LOL! im guilty of this as well!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garychance View Post
    LOL! im guilty of this as well!
    You are nothing like this...read the first post again. It's like when someone says "um" too much; you start focusing on the "ums" and lose what is being said. I completely missed the drain set up and return flex for all the commas. I'm expecting something big, because..you know, there's a comma - only to get another few words and then another comma!

Commacommacommacommacomma chameleon...

Post Likes
    She wont run drained like that... You've outdone yourself on this one
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    Commacommacommacommacomma chameleon...
    Hackin' is easy when you're draining it how you please, into the eve, into the eve...
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Post Likes
    I almost put the boy george joke out there, few minutes later you did! Thats funny sh#t!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in