Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In our shop we have a tradition for New Years Eve afternoon. It is a workday but generally it is slower that anything because everyone is getting ready for partying. But we have to be open for emergencies.

We stop working at noon and have a big ass poker game. For eats I make chili meat sauce for hot dogs. Half like the beans-half don't. So I put very few in it. If you don't like beans pick 'em out. The main thing is that you have to break out with a little sweat right under your bottom eye lids.

i knew it was A$$furnacefixer when i saw the 2nd grade spelling. truly one sad individual.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Beans, sausage, & corn in chili !?! Sounds like a SW casserole to me JMHO.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

I am going to give this a shot tonight. If it turns out good...I will market it as if it is my own LOL
    When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris.

Thumbs up

That is some of the best chili I have ever had.
    When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris.

As long as a cowboy is an appetite on a horse I started wondering a few years ago what would Cookie put in chuck wagon chili and what not.

#1 no tomatoes Not available

#2 Beans Of course

#3 A rattlesnake maybe

#4 Onion Gotta be

#5 Garlic

#6 Chili powder

#7 Stock (not salted)

All these things were available ether alive or dried.

I wonder if all that might be in original chili would be beef, beans, stock, and chili powder. Maybe a pinch of Mexican oregano and salt.

So I tried making chili this way and still do.
    I'm not saying your chili isn't good too I just wanted to get back to basics and try to recreate it.

One way I do cheat a little is something I learned in a Chinese book. Cube the beef, marinate in rice wine and oil, and deep fry it until it turns color. This lets me make chili after work w/o cooking it for hours.
    Tracers work both ways.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12