Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    That is so true, it is a filthy job, and i like it.

what other job can you get dirty thinking and get paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by fl_dude View Post
    Having worked on transport refrigeration in my early days in the trade, I would say this. If you do not like getting dirty, this is not a good trade to swap to. Think like this, they have oil, diesel, and freon leaks. The trucks drive on roads, picking up all the road grim and dust, this = dirty units. There are for and against, but I choose to not do this trade due to the road grim side of the job. I'm not scared to get my hands dirty, but it gets inbeded into your hands over time, and every thing you touch, gets a dark film on it.
    This is my experience, but it do not mean you would not enjoy it.
    This is true but it still beats laying on a greasy,grimy,rat infested foreigner owned restaurant floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferman View Post
    This is true but it still beats laying on a greasy,grimy,rat infested foreigner owned restaurant floor.

You got that right Ha ha,

your out of control doug.

hi all,
    i'm fairly new at this site and couldn't really figure out where to post this new posting about a question i have. Can any Reefer techs, (transport refrigeration mechanics) out here can refer me any reading material to study?
    i'm looking for this because there's a transport refrigeration company that wants hire me and i would like to best prepare myself by studying as much as possible about this field. If you guys can recommend any reading materials, or websites etc i would highly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ7 View Post
    hi all,
    i'm fairly new at this site and couldn't really figure out where to post this new posting about a question i have. Can any Reefer techs, (transport refrigeration mechanics) out here can refer me any reading material to study?
    i'm looking for this because there's a transport refrigeration company that wants hire me and i would like to best prepare myself by studying as much as possible about this field. If you guys can recommend any reading materials, or websites etc i would highly appreciate it.

Send me a email address so I can contact you about how to get what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferman View Post
    Send me a email address so I can contact you about how to get what you need.
    my email is jorik1@hotmail.com.

thanks in advance for any info. Surprisingly the internet doesn't have as much info about reefer transport technician trade.

This thread is of interest to me as well. Units like this are probably the most I will get to work on during my remaining 5 years of active duty. They dont let us touch anything else really "contracted out"...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123