+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mini splits

Post Likes

Mini splits

Been installing more and more Mini Splits lately. Got me thinking today, why don't more or all of the traditional air conditioners use flare nuts on the line sets? Anyone else ever wondered this? Or know? It might even save a lot of air conditioners & especially TXV's that r installed w/ out nitro flo. Of course the manufacturers would need to start putting a filter drier inside all the units.

Post Likes
    because there would be a lot more DIY'RS installing them improperly

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by superfittertech View Post
    LOL

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by superfittertech View Post
    That and who likes flares anyways? I hate flares. They just scream 'LEAK' to me, even though I haven't actually had many leak. Something just sits better with me at night after I cleanly braze in my piping, as opposed to tightening my flare nut. JMHO.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Apprenticanic View Post
    That and who likes flares anyways? I hate flares. They just scream 'LEAK' to me, even though I haven't actually had many leak. Something just sits better with me at night after I cleanly braze in my piping, as opposed to tightening my flare nut. JMHO.
    I tend to agree with this. There is a piece of mind that comes from properly brazed fittings/connections. The nice thing about ready to go flare fittings is that they're *easier*.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in