groen tilt skillet

Hey guys, having trouble removing the probes from their channels in a model chfp/2-3 gold line tilt skillet. They are seized in their channels and wont come out. I was thinking of drilling them out. I tried heating the channels and putting rust buster down the probes but they wouldn't budge. Any body come up against this problem?

and you call yourself a protech? just kidding buddy , i had a problem ;like that once i heated the housing and then quickly added ice in the hot area so that it could could disturb the malcues in the metel then hit it gently with a rubber hamer, good luck.

That's the trick.. heat and cool, Torch and Ice

I have has success with applying the heat to the probe then cooling off quickly with ice water. the density of the two metals will expand and contract at different rates.

Poof.. it's off

Thanks for the suggestion-Called Groen and they said to order new channels and weld them onto the skillet BS!--so i was able to drill one of the probes out with no problem(last 5 inches of probe came up with my drill bit. The temp control probe channel was a problem. Broke drill bit in channel so I proceeded to cut channel in half with my grinder, dug out broke bit and remainder of probe, cut piece of angle iron to cover existing channel and welded it to kettle. The controls had zero play in length of cap tube and getting them installed was a beeeatch!