+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Roasted garlic potatoes and chicken

Post Likes

Roasted garlic potatoes and chicken

As a newbie, I feel it is my duty to share a favorite chicken recipe. The schmaltz rendered from the chicken is the perfect seasoning for the potatoes and garlic.

Ingredients:
    1-2 pounds of small waxy roasting potatoes
    4-6 cloves of garlic
    A handful of pearl onions
    1 cut up roasting chicken
    olive oil
    salt & pepper

1. Separate the garlic heads into cloves, but do not peel them. Place them in an aluminum roasting pan.
    2. Quarter the potatoes and add them to the garlic
    3. Peel the pearl onions and add to the garlic and potatoes.
    4. toss the garlic, potatoes and pearl onions with a little olive oil some salt and pepper.
    5. Season the cut up chicken with your favorite seasoning or rub and lay on top of the garlic, potatoes, and onions.
    6. grill over medium indirect heat for about 35 minutes, or until the chicken is done. The potatoes should be buttery soft.
    7. Serve with crusty bread and a bitter beer.

Just a warning. The copious amount of garlic will result in some significant flatus. Do not make this if you have a social agenda the next day.

Enjoy

Dan

Post Likes
    Sounds good! Last weekend I rotisserated a turkey stuffed with onions, apples and garlic. I'll have to try your recipe. I bet those taters are dang tasty.
    Luke 6:31

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in