Majestic gas 36DV fireplace

My Majestic gas fireplace model #36DV-01. valve will not turn to the on position. I can get the pilot lit but the valve will not not turn to the on position.

Call the nearest Majestic dealer and make a service appointment. Valve might be sized up or it could have some sort of safety in it where it wont turn to ON under certain circumstances. I am not familiar with what valves Majestic uses.

Cool

Majestic uses Honeywell VS8421 and SIT NOVA 820valves.

Make sure the glass is off and the on/off switching is 'off'. That way, if there is any delay in ignition, it shouldn't be forceful. Don't hover near the burner. Stay low and a bit to one side until you've proven it lights properly. Once the control knob is in the 'on' position and you call for heat (turn it 'on'), the burner should light within 4 seconds. If not, immediately turn the unit completely off and call for service.

If the pilot is lit and the knob won't rotate, try pushing in on the control knob a bit then see if it won't rotate counterclockwise. If that doesn't do it, shut it off and wait for a qualified service tech.

HTH,
    Hearthman

I also have a Majestic Model Gas 36 DV-01. I was able to light the pilot light. But the black on/off switch doesn't cause the flame to come on. Can you tell me what I'm missing??
    Buster

make sure the pilot/on/off knob is in the on position then try the on/off switch

Turning on magestic model gas DV-01

Quote Originally Posted by darthvader View Post
    make sure the pilot/on/off knob is in the on position then try the on/off switch
    Thanks Darth I did that and still no luck. After I got the pilot to light I moved the green knob back so that "on" is facing the silver post at the bottom.

Then I tried to light the fireplace by turning the black power switch on - no luck....

Appreciate the help!

push the knob in a little and make sure its turn completely counter-clockwise. if it is turned as far as it can. there isn't much more I can tell you as this isn't a DiY site, and anything more is pretty involved, but its sounds like it might be a bad connection at the switch.

Thanks Darth

Quote Originally Posted by darthvader View Post
    push the knob in a little and make sure its turn completely counter-clockwise. if it is turned as far as it can. there isn't much more I can tell you as this isn't a DiY site, and anything more is pretty involved, but its sounds like it might be a bad connection at the switch.
    Thank you Darth, I honor you for your help. Unfortunately it didn't work, so will have to round up service call. The problem here in Conn is massive blizzard and the main heating picked today to go out

Replace your wire connectors at both ends (if applicable) at the gas valve & on/off switch.
    Test your switch, .1 or .2 ohms is a good switch.