HVAC Apprenticeship in Canada

Looking to get into the HVAC industry and start an apprenticeship in Ontario

Trying to get my foot in the door an start an apprenticeship in London, Ontario and was inquiring if getting my G3 or G2 (gas tech) is this best way to be hired on by a HVAC contractor as an apprentice? will you get a possible apprenticeship with a G3 certification ? Is there any other options to get an apprenticeship within this trade? any further information would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Your G3 would be a good start. There is also pre apprentice courses available at some colleges and the union has one aswell. The union's course gives you your G3 and you do your basic inschool session while your there. The best part is it doesn't cost you anything. You would need to apply and go through the interview process.
    refrigeration workers of Ontario

you likely need your grade 12
    call the union for info
    call the trade schools for more info - get enrolled in a program and go knock on doors of the companies in person

you may have to knock on 100 doors but only one has to say your hired.
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

I went to George Brown college in Toronto for 2 years, got my G2. Got top marks, but still took me a few months to find a job. Most employers wanted someone with hands on experience. Finnaly found a job with a one man operation, now a 2 man operation and after a few months got a van and $17 an hour.

Post Hi

Hey,

Here is some helpful information from the Canadian government in regards to Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanics trade.

ES Profile

Info Chart

Analysis PFD

Here is some information from the Ontario governments working futures site on Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanics. LINK

My suggestion to getting into the trade would be yeah get your C Gas fitting it should help. The most important thing would be finding a company to take you under there wing. Start calling around and hanging out at the local suppliers in your area you will eventually find someone.

Over here in B.C our suppliers might be different so I am not going to include a list because they might be B.C only.

Anyhow hopefully if you have any other questions, i might be able to help. I was in your boat not to long ago I am a level 1 apprentice right now and loving it.

eric2k in yer profile it says yer a techinican

news flash yer an apprentice boy !! now go change some filters and belts

oH and on monday yer power washing some coils

tuesday yer power washing some boilers
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Talking

Hey Penguin not all apprentice's wash coils and change belts.

Ive been with small company for a year and a half. my first year and a half. and Im the first one on the service call and repairing and servicing rooftops to residential units. From changing filters to compressors.

Not all apprentices are coil washers. Give us some credit. Now go get me a coffee will ya!

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    But if you are a registered apprentice, you are supposed to be working under the direct supervision of a journeyman.

I'll take mine double-double.
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

I don't think he's a union apprentice.
    (just kidding!)
    We do it right... after lunch!

Try your local UA union hall. Things are slow and tough all around. Any certifications you can get is a plus. Don't wait for apprenticeship classes to get them.