Thread: Metasys (dx-9600-????-???)

Post Likes

Metasys (dx-9600-????-???)

I ran into this control today during a heating start up, there is no manual with it(shokingly enough) and I have been looking to find manual to operate it. I dont know if a laptop is needed or not to access it, I wanted to change anbient lock out to test boilers. any help to finding operators manual would be greatly appriciated.

Post Likes

Dx-9100

I don't know about the 9600, but I have two DX-9100s and yes I do need a laptop running Johnson Controls HVAC Pro software. There are two ways to connect to the controller; one is by a null-modem cable from the serial output of the computer to a 9 pin D-shell connector directly below the controller, and the other is a special interface that connects directly into the N2 bus (only available from Johnson Controls, of course).
    There is supposed to be a way to make changes from the buttons on the controller itself, but I have not been able to find anything that describes how to make changes or anyone that knows how to.
    My company is too cheap to buy me the N2 bus interface so I have to connect via serial cable, and is that ever a pain! With the serial cable you can only see one controller at a time, but with the Johnson Controls interface you can see everythine on the N2 bus.
    Hope this helps, and good luck.

Post Likes
    FWIW, HVACPro isn't used with the DX9100. It is for the line of ACS controllers.
    You would need the GX9100 software for the DX controller which is part of the M-Tools software package.

The N2 interface device is the Cable Pro and it is also only used for the ASC controllers. It allows communication with them over the N2 or the zone buss.

The DX can be commissioned over the N2 or directly with the M-Tools software.

I am unaware of any DX9600 products.
    There are a few variants of the 9100, but I don't believe there is any 9600.
    IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob....say it with me now!

Post Likes
    This is a control, your in the wrong form. Anyway, the N2 converter is just a simple RS-485 converter which you can buy on E-bay or many other places. Don't start bashing JCI. If you knew how the DX worked, you can change just about all you need to from the front pannel. If you don't know what your doing its a very BAD idea. It's not an insult, anything to change is live and last thing you want to do is have to have a control guy come out and retune/reload the program because the wrong thing was changed accidently.

Quote Originally Posted by roofrat View Post
    I don't know about the 9600, but I have two DX-9100s and yes I do need a laptop running Johnson Controls HVAC Pro software. There are two ways to connect to the controller; one is by a null-modem cable from the serial output of the computer to a 9 pin D-shell connector directly below the controller, and the other is a special interface that connects directly into the N2 bus (only available from Johnson Controls, of course).
    There is supposed to be a way to make changes from the buttons on the controller itself, but I have not been able to find anything that describes how to make changes or anyone that knows how to.
    My company is too cheap to buy me the N2 bus interface so I have to connect via serial cable, and is that ever a pain! With the serial cable you can only see one controller at a time, but with the Johnson Controls interface you can see everythine on the N2 bus.
    Hope this helps, and good luck.
    "Yeah I can figure out whats wrong with it, but you were here first and there isn't room for two, plus it's cold up here, I'll be in the van"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in