Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    50 Yr old Polish women may be fat but are very strong.
    If you can't be with the one you love love the one you're with.

Quote Originally Posted by sledhead18 View Post
    I vote for True back bars. Usually either built in or located where inaccessible to service and to chafe something simple as a temp control you've got to be a contortionist to get at it.
    This is pretty much my thoughts exactly. Bars are just a pain in the ass to work in, in general. Not to mention the drunk spectators that sit up behind ya while you work trying to give you their whole spill about how they used to be "insert some respectable trade here" but lost everything in some unfortunate event that inevitably led to them sitting in a bar at noon on a Tuesday.

Yep. Fun fun. Lol

The PITA units to service (grill drawers etc) that do little more than collect grease and heat the kitchen, I have converted them to remote 404a condensing with success.
    Of course it's not always doable and is more initial work but better to service on a roof then to change a r134 compressor while grill grease and feet beat you. Here in Bakersfield, we have about 2 months where the kitchen can be chilly in the mornings only. Anything that gets heat out of the kitchen is a sales aid.

I guess that's why they call it "Bakersfield"

I can only think of one grill cooler (of maybe 100 that are in my service locations) that could be remoted. They have to be able to be moved out from under the hood.

hardest part is getting line set to the unit. I did it on a 6 drawer, found the exact match evap, replaced it and changed the r-12 with a r-404 TEV then gutted the condenser cab to give space for routing line set, LLS and defrost timer. Another one in a different kitchen was pretty much the same except it was a cap tube system so I found an evap that would mount with some modification and a r404 TEV. I have not needed to move the cases as of yet. It does require removing the stainless piece in front between the 2 drawers to crawl in there.

No easy solution but better than removing or replacing, at least in my scenarios so far.

I think anything without an a access port from the factory should not be serviced

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wow, Mr. Guy! That would cut my business in half!

I used to roll my eyes when I encountered a reach in with no ports, but I understand why they do this. It really is best for small systems with tiny charges to not have easy access to the sealed system so that the charge won't be compromised. It only takes a few minutes to pinch off the process tubes and add fittings!

Remember, for every system you service, there are a great many that go for many years or their entire service lives without the need for access to the refrigerant system.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456