+ Reply to Thread

Thread: utx 200 toaster

Post Likes

utx 200 toaster

One of our toasters has given us an error. Basically it was motor speed was low.. turned off and on and works fine. Now what i think is the problem is horizontal chain conveyor needs to be tightened. They have come before and I have seen them take some links out of there and tighten her up and all our problems went away

Any anyone on here have any idea how to adjust that conveyor? There's some trick to it I have to be missing. Couldn't find it from Google searching either it mentions it but not how.

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Okay, maybe I can help a little. I've worked on exactly two of those...and about three years ago at that.

There are spring-loaded tensioners that maintain the horizontal conveyor's tension. That and the right quantity of links - establishes the conveyor belt's tension.
    From my very limited experience in working on these, I DO remember that there are several upgrade kits that A.J. Antunes will say should be installed. I expect that those upgrades are to resolve such issues as yours. The upgrades are rather involved and would require several hours for a technician to install. Afterwards, the tech will need to run it to check the programming's operating parameters.

Post Likes
    If you see it sagging and dragging on the the crumb tray below then that's likely your problem. Seems like hundreds of units I've had to take 4 or 5 links out of. Anymore, I check that regardless of why I'm working on it.

Now, to shorten that up. Take the side panels off. Push the back bar all the way forward in the tensioner. The best I've found is to use a couple bar clamps on the metal pieces right next to the tension springs to hold them compressed while you work. Then roll it around until you see a section that looks like it's missing something. That will be the master links. If it's been shortened before, it should have a master link section. I'm not sure how to explain the un weaving and re weaving. Just look at the links and think a bit and you should see how it "weaves". I'll tell ya this, with a pair of side cuts (dikes) and a pair of needle nose pliers I can do anything I want with the stuff. Shorten it up as much as you can then let the clamps loose. You want the spring slides out to no more than the middle of their travel. If they're out most of the way again it means you didn't take enough sections out. When you're done make sure all the the links are "in line" with each other so they can't catch any parts of the toaster. That can be a problem too.

Also keep eye on the vertical section bearings. Hinge the top away from the toaster and see if there's any up-down play in the lower shaft bearings of that upper conveyor.

Good luck!

Post Likes
    The UTX I'm working on at a McDee's has the drive-side bearing of the horizontal conveyor locking up. Complains about checking drive system and refuses to run. Squirted some White Lithium grease into the bearing this afternoon until I can get the kits.

Honestly, is there no simple way of burning bread than using a bazzillion whirlygizmos and computer controls? I'll buy the first drink-of-choice to the guy who makes a simple, easy-to-fix and fast toaster for MickyDees.

Post Likes
    I'll take the vct series back.

Post Likes
    >I'll take the vct series back.

Yup. How about those gawd awful pop-down Prince Castle toasters? The first time I opend the control side of one I'm like, oh hell no.

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBozo2315 View Post
    (rant on)
    Honestly, is there no simple way of burning bread than using a bazzillion whirlygizmos and computer controls? I'll buy the first drink-of-choice to the guy who makes a simple, easy-to-fix and fast toaster for MickyDees.
    (rant off)

...And who'd ever thought there'd be a day that we needed a THREE-PHASE toaster!

Quote Originally Posted by BadBozo2315 View Post
    >How about those gawd awful pop-down Prince Castle toasters? The first time I opend the control side of one I'm like, oh hell no.
    Yup...I definitely worked on too many of those:

McDee manager: "It works for toasting buns, but not for muffins for some reason."

Me: "Okay. Looked at it... The IR elements are shot. Replacing those will be a thousand dollars plus labor."

McDee manager:

Post Likes
    I still have some stores with those prince castle "batch" toasters.

Junk.

Seems like all of them had the linkage short out to the platen heater wire terminal. Horrible engineering.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in