Thread: Carrier VVT Dampers

Post Likes

Carrier VVT Dampers

I have not used, or seen, the Carrier VVT dampers in a number of years. Personally, I like the Titus box and that is what I use.

I'm having scheduling issues with Titus right now but I can get the Carriers immediately. You guy's got some input on the Carrier boxes (round and rect)? Do they have a good seal on them, quality bearings on the drive etc. What I like about the Titus is I can select what the damper size is along with the duct size. I quit using Carriers 6 years ago when I had a 12x14 duct connection and a damper of like 6x8, it cut down the air flow so much I had to add a booster fan to overcome the static. Pi$$ed me off!

Post Likes
    I personnally hate Carrier VVT and find it expensive junk.
    Titus is much better and I agree they are much better equipment. The dampers were made by Ruskin (probably someone in China now).
    I have always found Carnes to be cheap stuff but generally quick and reliable. Much better quality from Price but also generally longer leadtimes.
    Nailor make really good dampers and I have always found their stuff extremely reliable. Metalaire is another one but i am not familiar with them.
    Good luck, let us know what you end up with and your thoughts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in