+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enodis Star Certified ???

Post Likes

Enodis Star Certified ???

i found there website today and am very interested in attending some of this training. I am currently a student, can I take these classes or do I have to be with a certified company ?? How much do the classes cost, ect. any info would be greatly appreciated, want to take as many classes while i am going to school as i can. My goal is to work in commercial food equipment after I finish my HVACR degree
    RJW
    Senior counter/Inside sales HVACR
    HVACR/Plumbing service tech

Try...there is no try only DO or Do Not

Post Likes

Call Enodis

You have to work with a company that services the restaurant equipment. The contractors are called "ASA's or Authorized Service Agents. They, Enodis, will give the name(s) of the contractors that do the work in your area. I work on everything from RTU's to soft-serve machines to fryers and ranges. Also freezers and coolers. If it is in a restaraunt we repair it. But we have a hard time hiring people, everything is greasy. I mean really greasy. Most new guys freak and ask how we handle it. Make sure it's really what you want to do, freezers are meant to be cold - you can't complain about the cold when your working in one - every restaurant has at least one. Thats the way it works in Canada anyway.

Post Likes
    Thanks ..I have worked in the field some before I went back to school. Company I use to work for had 6 hotels and 9 restruants. I really enjoyed working on restruant equipment hope to get back to doing that soon.
    RJW
    Senior counter/Inside sales HVACR
    HVACR/Plumbing service tech

Try...there is no try only DO or Do Not

Post Likes

Good Luck

If you get on with a good company - the training is free - and you get paid for your time in class. I have gone on some really good training that has lasted a week and been paid for everything, (training,hotels,meals). The training is intense and quick. But it's very good - good luck in the future.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by raveon View Post
    You have to work with a company that services the restaurant equipment. The contractors are called "ASA's or Authorized Service Agents. They, Enodis, will give the name(s) of the contractors that do the work in your area. I work on everything from RTU's to soft-serve machines to fryers and ranges. Also freezers and coolers. If it is in a restaraunt we repair it. But we have a hard time hiring people, everything is greasy. I mean really greasy. Most new guys freak and ask how we handle it. Make sure it's really what you want to do, freezers are meant to be cold - you can't complain about the cold when your working in one - every restaurant has at least one. Thats the way it works in Canada anyway.
    i work on walkins,ice machines,prep tables,ect.
    alot of the enodis training looks very intresting.if i'm not working for an authorized service agent,does that mean i cann't take any of those classes?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in