sentronic 3 oil fail module

I just installed sentronic 3 oil fail module on single copelend 6hp compressor. Problem i am having is when compressor pumps down it trips on oil fail automaticly with out timing out. Does anyone know if module it self needs to turn off when compressor off. Do I have to wire module power to auxilary of contator No, so module only has power when compressor is on? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!!

All the sentronics and P45's I've done were either on a normally open auxiliary or the load side of the contactor or the switch that senses amps when the compressor is running.
    If the 240v or 120v terminal is hot and the compressor is not running, the control will trip.
    You should have to wire to NO aux. you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by drage93 View Post
    I just installed sentronic 3 oil fail module on single copelend 6hp compressor. Problem i am having is when compressor pumps down it trips on oil fail automaticly with out timing out. Does anyone know if module it self needs to turn off when compressor off. Do I have to wire module power to auxilary of contator No, so module only has power when compressor is on? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!!

Typically, an oil failure control needs the power cycled to it with the compressor.

The exception to this is the new CoreSense modules which must be powered all the time.

Your Sentronic3 should not be powered when the compressor is not running.