Taylor Soft Serve
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Taylor Soft Serve

Hi Everyone, I am working on a older model 8334-32 r-12 that has been converted to r134a I am unable to find any info on this unit and I dont work on them very often. I need to know if anyone has an old tech book that may be able to tell me the weight on the original charge as the name plate isnt readable, Also is there any special techniques on adjusting the expansion vale. This unit will not shut off it keeps running until you push the reset button. It is a two head unit one side has 408A the other 134A. Need help I did find out the temp for the ice cream is suppose to be 19 degrees is this correct. Thanks for all the help Paul

I am far from being a soft serve guru. I do know, however, that Taylor's tech support staff are very helpful.
    "The problem is the average person isn’t tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and it’s not in the movies they watch, and it’s not in the few books that they buy, they don’t get it" - Jack Canfield

In Michigan, Taylor will not help you or answer questions. They are there own service company and charge any other contractor list! I gave up and refuse any work from them warranty or not.
    It's what you do that defines you.

Thanks for your reply! I have contacted taylor and was told this unit isnt supported anymore and I can't buy parts for it. I did contact our local supplier and they do still sell parts and they were able to give me some info but I need a liitle more technical info.

What is the issue? This is the place!

Seems to me from years ago that the shut off is either from a belt tensioner or motor current as the mix gets stiff.

Glad I don't have to deal with restaurant stuff any more.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Hi the issue is I need to know proper proceedure for adjusting the expansion vale, the correct charge, superheat info, the temp of the product and any technical info I can find the model number is 8334-32

Hi Yes you are right the shut off is controlled by sensor with an adjustment on it the sensor does work I just don't know how to get it to bring up the amps i will have to look at the belts maybe I can tighten them a little LOL I will follow the wires to see where they take me I don't have any schmatics or info on this unit. Thanks for the reply Paul

soft serve

two head machine, you should have the same flavor gas on both sides unless you got a combo machine. sounds like someone put in the wrong gas. how old is it?
    serial # ?

bob

hi it is a very old machine and yes I have seperate compressors for each side and a third one for refrigeration on standby? Can you help with anything?? Paul

Paul

I dont know your machine exactly, but most of them held around 3 lbs.Receivers allow some room for non critical charge. Do you know the original gas? Also a site glass off reciever if not installed will make it easy. should be clear shortly after startup

You are correct on product temp 17-19 deg depending on what customer likes
    Adjust AXV ot TEV to maintain this temp without a TP chart I dont know where that pr would be but from 10-15 degrees. Most units operate either on temp or pressures.
    If really old may be a tensioning switch as the consistency of the product gets harder belt will pull down on the motor and trip a switch. Not something you see alot of on ice cream more on water based ice type drinks like slushies. Ice cream auger motors are usually geared to handle the loads and if freeze solid a sheer pin may come into play.

3rd smaller compressor will be to maintain mix hopper temps of 38 deg before entering the Evap cylinder.

Hi Thanks for the response! This unit has a control board that controls when the unit shuts off compressor I haven't figured out what actuall controls that part yet I think it is tempature or amperage it has a small adjustment on the board I do finallay have a schematic to look at but It is not very well marked so I will have to trace wires. If you think of anything else let me know. Oh ya this unit doesn't have receivers. The original refrigerant for this was R12.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauuly48 View Post
    Hi Thanks for the response! This unit has a control board that controls when the unit shuts off compressor I haven't figured out what actuall controls that part yet I think it is tempature or amperage it has a small adjustment on the board I do finallay have a schematic to look at but It is not very well marked so I will have to trace wires. If you think of anything else let me know. Oh ya this unit doesn't have receivers. The original refrigerant for this was R12.
    I would first verify it is wired right. The age of the unit and the fact that most techs never work on them is a pretty good indication that it is not factory anymore. Charge off of head pressure when the system is running with product in it when it's close to it's operating temp. get 100 to 110 degree head and 120 degree head if it's warm product. That's a start. It should let you check the SH and go through it. Just a thought!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast