Thread: HVAC Pro ??

Confused HVAC Pro ??

Hey JCI guys, I gotta good one, wondering if you can help? Ive got a site w/ several VAV controllers w/ UNT program profiles in them. I can't do anything w/ them other than commisioning. How did they get this way. I heard rumor it's super secret software & also its just some changes w/ HVAC pro. Help please It's driving me nuts. I would like to find out how I can do this.

just upload the configuration and you can see what all the inputs and outputs are

I have seen this before. There is actually some software around with which you can do all the stuff like putting VAV profiles in Unitary controllers or AHU profiles in VAV controllers
    You won't be able to do this with HVACPRO
    It is a little awkward to use, but once you get the hang of it turns out to be a pretty powerful tool.

Check http://members.aol.com/swftec/GPG03.htm for more details

Yes you can download a UNT program into a VAV controller if you know the trick.
    You will not be able to upload this program.
    This download is done with HVAC PRO.
    Many years ago Technicians did this because the VAV was less expensive the the UNT.
    Last edited by phantomtech; 10-12-2007 at 06:30 PM.

Trick

Try this, check out the configuration files of a VAV and Unt controller. Change the device group and device names to match that of the vav you want to use. If you modify the configuration file to match then you can download a unt program into a VAV. Just make sure you have the proper points and all.
    Law Of The Thermostat: He who has the thermostat wins!!!!!

Trick

The trick is to look at a unt and vav configuration file. If you create a unt file and change the device and group names to the VAV your using then it should download.
    Law Of The Thermostat: He who has the thermostat wins!!!!!

Thaks alot. I tried it & it works great.

Do you know when te last time it was you used that site? I've been told it's a dead site. I'd like to purchase the software if there's anyother way to get it.