Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I called the company to come out tomorrow to fix the coolant line noise problem. The air handler is pretty quiet and the outside unit is also quiet, If only they can fix the line noise comming in from the outside unit. Any info I can tell the tech ? So I dont seem like a total moron ? I know its not supposed to make that noise. My old bottom of the line Rheem didnt and was much quieter. Once this issue is fixed, i'll be a happy camper. I checked my energy usage today and the A/C has been on half of the time the old system used to run. I really DO appreciate the advise. -John-

Should I ask them about the comfort-r mode ? It seems that for optimal performance, that should be set ?

Whatever adjustments they made yesterday, the A/C hasnt run in high speed since, so thats good. The high speed would be good for those hot humid summer days, it will just take time getting used to all that air (it pretty much blows you away. I never knew a A/C could blow so hard.

Yes, ask them if comfort r is set.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

The tech just left - My air handler needs a new copper line run with some loops to quiet the noise. My air handler only has about 15 feet of copper between it and the compresser. The air handler is in a side bedroom closet with the compresser outside the same room. He said the run was too short.

He checked and the comfort R is already set.

Glad to know at least the noise problem will be fixed (next Friday)

I asked about when the changout procedure for the coolant (they replaced my coolant tuesday) and he told me they have driers on the line when they do that?

Thanks for the heads up - Glad I know at least a little when they come. -John-

So far this new Trane is great. I have the setting on normal (air flow) but wish there was some external switch for those really hot days, so I wouldnt have to remove the cover and manually switch to high air flow.

I dont understand the comfort r feature ? I notice it starts slow then ramps up and then down before shutting off. Wouldnt it be better to just run one speed and possible cool quicker ? I dont know if its in my head, but I had to adjust my tstst up a degree because its cold. Maybe its the comfort r feature ???

Once they come out Friday and extend the copper line to quiet it down I'll be a happy camper.

By ramping up slowly, the coil is colder longer, and removes more humidity. Many people find they don't have to set the thermostat as low with a VS blower that is set up for humidity removal.

If you had a Honetwell IAQ thermostat, they could set the blower for normal speed(400 CFM per ton), and the stat would slow the blower down if the humidity got high.
    Contractor locator map

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    By ramping up slowly, the coil is colder longer, and removes more humidity. Many people find they don't have to set the thermostat as low with a VS blower that is set up for humidity removal.

If you had a Honetwell IAQ thermostat, they could set the blower for normal speed(400 CFM per ton), and the stat would slow the blower down if the humidity got high.
    I beleive my blower is set on normal (at first it was high, which literally blew the vents off. Then I tried low which wasnt enough)

I installed a LUX brand Tstat because it was rated one of the best from Consumer Reports. How is the Honeywell different I looked it up online, but it seems it has the same features my current LUX has ? I mentioned it to the A/C guy when they were installing, but they said I already have a great Tstat.

Thanks for the info - My family thought it was alot cooler than normal, so I raised the temp and it still feels great.

Your Lux stat can't slow the blower, The Honeywell IAQ can.

Read all the features of your current stat, and then the IAQ.
    Don't confuse the HW 8000 series with the IAQ.
    Contractor locator map

Is this stat somthing i can do myself ? Is it easy to program ? sounds complicated though.

The VisionPRO thermostats are not the easiest thermostats to install and program, but if you've done one before and read the directions carefully, you should probably be okay.

Better off having a contractor provide and install it. Then set it up.
    Contractor locator map

I install Rheem and Trane equipment and as far as reliability goes I see no major difference. Trane just costs a little more. Go with the variable speed and whatever refrigerant you feel is right. But definately get the Vis Pro with on demand dehumidification. Our customers who have it can't seem to live without it now.

Well they finally came out today to extend the copper tubing from the compressor. I'm kind of dissapointed, it still makes noise. The tech installed a coil of copper tubing in the closet and said it was 24 feet of copper. He told me the run originally from the compressor was too short that was causing the noise and ran longer run (actually the 24 foot of new tubing is one continous loop) I think he thought it would make it quieter too. He told me if its still too loud and they would try to figure out somthing new. This has me beleiving it is too loud. Any ideas ? From what I was led to believe, The Trans was gonna be quiet. I think my old bottom of the line Rheem was quieter ??? Thanks - John

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345