Carrier Infinity

Anyone ever integrated this residential system into a commerical DDC system? Maybe a driver to the System Access Module via RS-232? We have an engineer who likes Infinity for high end homes and wants to integrate to DDC in a central plant.

Unless something has changed with Carrier's Infinity system in the last 9 months then no you cannot do it. I had a bank that I was supposed to control all the HVAC but the basement unit was an infinity unit. You have to use the infinity stat (or a specific carrier non-programmable stat) and you cannot interface with their signal. The infinity system was designed for residential control and was not designed to "talk" due to the residential status. The variable speed motor on the indoor blower was the biggest problem I had. I could have interfaced if it wasn't for the blower and it's control board relying on the infinity stat. Let me know if you find something else out.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Integrating residential HVAC to commercial DDC isn't common and I don't have much hope of a positive answer, but stranger things have been done. Thanks anyway Crab.