Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    3.2/3.1 What a year after everyone else???

I am not sure about sure about your customers, but mine are not willing to wait for known issues to be corrected with known fixes....

The "only" thing the FX has going for it is the N2 driver, thats it....

Why buy it??? the Jace 6 is cheaper, faster and all around MO better "if" the N2 driver is un-needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthingt View Post
    3.2/3.1 What a year after everyone else???
    A year behind is actually quite fast for jci. It's usually closer to 2+ on most things.
    I am not sure about sure about your customers, but mine are not willing to wait for known issues to be corrected with known fixes....
    So what is your N2 solution then? What are the issues that are unbearable?
    The "only" thing the FX has going for it is the N2 driver, thats it....
    Absolutely, but when you need to talk to N2...
    Why buy it??? the Jace 6 is cheaper, faster and all around MO better "if" the N2 driver is un-needed.
    Yes.

Like ya said,,,JCI "is" 2+ behind and my customers are looking for todays technologies, not 2 years ago.......

Someone,,,, much smarter then I, with more time then I, needs a conversion device/program......

anyone know such a fella???

What else does that thing have to offer???

"IF" someone would try, i bet they could crack it, quick. I am just not the person to do so, I wish i was or had the time to try......

Like ya said,,,JCI "is" 2+ behind and my customers are looking for todays technologies, not 2 years ago.......

Someone,,,, much smarter then I, with more time then I, needs a conversion device/program......

anyone know such a fella???

What else does that thing have to offer???

"IF" someone would try, i bet they could crack it, quick. I am just not the person to do so, I wish i was or had the time to try......
    CSI^3 was developing the N2 driver but they said, essentially, that due to a 'lack of interest' they were not continuing. Probably was a lack of interest for the driver being released from jci corp.

But what is it that can't be worked around? What is an easier option to do existing N2? I'm not saying put it into a new building.

CSI Cubed or someone,anyone needs to create a conversion module.....

The 40, blows with 3.0,,,, agreed ???

I would never put out anything in any building that you my friend could not take away from me,,,, I like open systems !!!

Its good for all of us !!

It just makes sense......

The 40, blows with 3.0,,,, agreed ???

I would never put out anything in any building that you my friend could not take away from me,,,, I like open systems !!!

Its good for all of us !!

It just makes sense......
    Yes FX @ 3.0 is far behind. But when faced with hundreds of N2 controllers, I believe it's the best option.

I have customers that use it for the jci buildings then use Steafa or HW in others at 3.1 and 3.2, and all pulled together with a 3.2 Supervisor.

I'm with you 100% on the open systems.

I've always thought that Fieldserver could collaborate with someone to get this done rather quickly.

The $$$$

Should we, the frustrated ones start a collection plate ????

Chris, If N2 is not needed. Absolutely dont go with a FX-40. Here is an earlier thread about it http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140927

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Chris, If N2 is not needed. Absolutely dont go with a FX-40. Here is an earlier thread about it http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140927
    *Frebby-d, I thought that you were a big FX fan.
    *Maybe you're losing your taste for them and ready to head back to the power of the NAE?
    *You need more love in your posts, too.

*and N2 will always be needed.
    *Way to solid to mothball.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueThunder View Post
    *Frebby-d, I thought that you were a big FX fan.
    *Maybe you're losing your taste for them and ready to head back to the power of the NAE?
    *You need more love in your posts, too.
    I am a FX-40/JACE fan when it comes to integrating JCI proprietary protocals. It is a no brainer.

But I am a huge Tridium/JACE/LON fan for new installs.

NAEs cant even do one thing well not to mention several.

I have lots of love for stuff worth loving. And lots of hate for stuff worth hating.

I know I have asked you before, and its a futile request but I will ask anyway again. What are your "Powerful NAE" statements based on. Give me some first hand "powerful" experiences, Please.

I am a FX-40/JACE fan when it comes to integrating JCI proprietary protocals. It is a no brainer.

But I am a huge Tridium/JACE/LON fan for new installs.

NAEs cant even do one thing well not to mention several.

I have lots of love for stuff worth loving. And lots of hate for stuff worth hating.

I know I have asked you before, and its a futile request but I will ask anyway again. What are your "Powerful NAE" statements based on. Give me some first hand "powerful" experiences, Please.
    *Frebby-d: The most powerful thing of the NAE is the JCI family. The people make the difference.
    * A NAE can comm to much larger quanities of controllers than a FX can, right? Power Advantage = NAE
    *Actually, it could be argued that they are SO powerful, you can get yourself in trouble with one. Reference the Chet posts. Power Advantage = NAE
    *More love, less hate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast