Crown Electric Tilting Kettle low water

Hello all,

What I got is a crown electric tilting kettle ELT-40.

Complaint was it was leaking water. I checked the bottom of the unit and found it leaking where the thermostat probe enters the base of the kettle. I removed the adapter and the probe (which only half was left) and replaced the thermostat and got everything sealed up.

Problem is the low water light remains lit even after adding the required 220 ounces of water. I even added more water just to see if it would go out but didn't (64 ounces more). There is also a buzzing noise when I switch the power on. The area to work in is tight and I have been trying to find a wiring diagram but to no avail.

My backgroung is in HVAC/R but I kinda have been thrown into commercial equipment repair. So go easy on me .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by starr View Post
    Hello all,

What I got is a crown electric tilting kettle ELT-40.

Complaint was it was leaking water. I checked the bottom of the unit and found it leaking where the thermostat probe enters the base of the kettle. I removed the adapter and the probe (which only half was left) and replaced the thermostat and got everything sealed up.

Problem is the low water light remains lit even after adding the required 220 ounces of water. I even added more water just to see if it would go out but didn't (64 ounces more). There is also a buzzing noise when I switch the power on. The area to work in is tight and I have been trying to find a wiring diagram but to no avail.

My backgroung is in HVAC/R but I kinda have been thrown into commercial equipment repair. So go easy on me .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is just a guess but many units of this type use a conductvity sense circuit to verify water level. maybe the sealing job you did interfered with that circuit? I did a search and found that they are made in Canada.
    416-746-2358

jhd1234

Thanks thats what the problem was, I had to much teflon tape wrapping the threads. I really appreciate the help.

kerry

Quote Originally Posted by starr View Post
    jhd1234

Thanks thats what the problem was, I had to much teflon tape wrapping the threads. I really appreciate the help.

kerry

You're quite welcome. That was a SWAG. I've seen these conductivity circuits on steamers and coffee makers before.