Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    No mention of M# for starters. Master Jet or High Efficiency. Also too much finger pointing and this and that. Replace the valve. Verify manifold pressure. Or call in a service company and watch and learn. If you have not diagnosed the problem within 30 minutes then call the factory.

Confused Stop!

The part you need is a little spring that goes into the valve (no seperate regs on fryers... they ARE regs). The spring is much softer therefore allows the gas to be regulated lower. They paint all their LPG parts yellow so you don't confuse them. If the unit is set for NG you will need to also replace the pilot jet. Another possibility with Frymaster is a blocked burner. The food falls into the flue and blocks some of the holes at the back. It's not too much to remove it and clean it... if your qualified!? Don't play with LPG; it bites harder than NG!!! Make sure you are looking at the correct gas setting for LPG. Those frymaster plates can be confusing sometimes. The information isn't always where it should be!!

Good Luck (If your still with us.)

P.S. There should not be anything but blue in your flame... if there is yellow you may also have a primary air shutter problem!!
    Last edited by TdawgT; 12-01-2007 at 09:00 AM. Reason: too harsh

Quote Originally Posted by TdawgT View Post
    The part you need is a little spring that goes into the valve (no seperate regs on fryers... they ARE regs). The spring is much softer therefore allows the gas to be regulated lower. They paint all their LPG parts yellow so you don't confuse them. If the unit is set for NG you will need to also replace the pilot jet. Another possibility with Frymaster is a blocked burner. The food falls into the flue and blocks some of the holes at the back. It's not too much to remove it and clean it... if your qualified!? Don't play with LPG; it bites harder than NG!!! Make sure you are looking at the correct gas setting for LPG. Those frymaster plates can be confusing sometimes. The information isn't always where it should be!!

Good Luck (If your still with us.)

P.S. There should not be anything but blue in your flame... if there is yellow you may also have a primary air shutter problem!!
    Yes, when I was replacing the reg on the gas value, it did come with a new spring and it was for LP gas when I order it. I may go ahead and take the burner out of the unit this week to see if I see any problems.

whats the model on that fryer ? if i'm reading this correct sounds like you have delayed ignition, possibly due to the targets not lining up properly

Quote Originally Posted by krank View Post
    whats the model on that fryer ? if i'm reading this correct sounds like you have delayed ignition, possibly due to the targets not lining up properly
    That is one thing that I was thinking, that what it seems when I watch the burner lighting up. I think that a MJ45E model.

not to mention, it's LP ...

Started troubleshooting Oct.10/07 ..... still there? Same fryer?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123