Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Frymaster Problem

I am still at school and I also work for Burger King. One of the stores has a Frymaster that has pressure issues. I have already checked the pressure and it was showing around 14 IN WC. The manual says to have it adjusted to 8.5 IN WC. So I turned down the regulator as far it would go and it still showing around 11 - 12 IN WC. I try replacing the regulator on the gas value and that didn't help, in fact it made it worst. The burner is burning kind of crazy, like one side of the burner is not burning and the other side is. It will explode time after time with alot of air coming out of it and some times, it will blow out the pilot. Oh, we are using LP gas. I was thinking about taking out the whole burner and look at the orifices to see if they are ok. Dosbon had the same problem and I could not fix it at the time and had someone else fixed it. I was never told what was wrong with it. I guess it was the same problem that they were having. So i ask not to be flamed. Is there anyone else can give me tips of what the problem is?

Thanks
    Shane

Shane - at school for what? In regards to the frymaster problem, that needs a pro.....
    If you are taking a gas course or hvac, you should know not to mess with gas equipment until you are qualified to do so. Not flaming you, just good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by madcitysw View Post
    I am still at school and I also work for Burger King. One of the stores has a Frymaster that has pressure issues. I have already checked the pressure and it was showing around 14 IN WC. The manual says to have it adjusted to 8.5 IN WC. So I turned down the regulator as far it would go and it still showing around 11 - 12 IN WC. I try replacing the regulator on the gas value and that didn't help, in fact it made it worst. The burner is burning kind of crazy, like one side of the burner is not burning and the other side is. It will explode time after time with alot of air coming out of it and some times, it will blow out the pilot. Oh, we are using LP gas. I was thinking about taking out the whole burner and look at the orifices to see if they are ok. Dosbon had the same problem and I could not fix it at the time and had someone else fixed it. I was never told what was wrong with it. I guess it was the same problem that they were having. So i ask not to be flamed. Is there anyone else can give me tips of what the problem is?

Thanks
    Shane
    Well offhand it sounds like the burners might be dirty/sooted up. Take out the whole assembly and clean it and also check/clean the combustion outlet.
    Then you will need to adress the gas pressure setting. There are manuals available at Frymaster's website. Highlight the service link then click on service home.

I am in school taking the HVAC/R trade. We are currently in the Heat Tech courses right now and just got done with the gas heating, but I had some other experience before with the boiler and some on the frymaster. There just some things I still get lost. I just wondering what do you mean if I am qualified to do so. I didn't think you needed a license to mess with gas. I know you need a license to mess with A/C.

I have already have the manual for the model of our frymaster and have tryed adjusting the regulator on the gas value and it is still too high. The manual says for LP gas that it needs to be set at 8.5 IN WC. It still showing about 12 IN WC. I have the regulator adjusting screw as far as it would go down. I try replacing the regulator, but all that did was make it worst then better. So I guess I will have to take out the burner and do what you just said (clean it). Would the targets (if the targets is off or missing) on the burner cause the pressure to be greater than what it suppose to be?

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Uh no offense, but have the owner call a service company. He can afford it.

You already screwed up with the reg. You don't know what you are doing. Somebody gets hurt, your butt is on the line. The owners insurance will hang you out to dry.
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by rich pickering View Post
    Uh no offense, but have the owner call a service company. He can afford it.

You already screwed up with the reg. You don't know what you are doing. Somebody gets hurt, your butt is on the line. The owners insurance will hang you out to dry.
    I didn't mess up anything, I though the reg was a bad part since the pressure was still too high. So i try the new reg and didn't do any good, I put back the old one. Jeez, I making every precaution to make sure things don't blow up. You can't learn anything if you don't do it yourself, then calling out someone else to do it for you. Think about when you first started out, I sure you though of something and turned out it wasn't that. Who you think is paying for my school! I guess asking questions here was a bad idea since you don't seem to like helping out anymore and really I getting sick of people coming back at me telling me like I don't know anything. I think I ****ing stay away from here!

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Quote Originally Posted by madcitysw View Post
    I didn't mess up anything, I though the reg was a bad part since the pressure was still too high. So i try the new reg and didn't do any good, I put back the old one. Jeez, I making every precaution to make sure things don't blow up. You can't learn anything if you don't do it yourself, then calling out someone else to do it for you. Think about when you first started out, I sure you though of something and turned out it wasn't that. Who you think is paying for my school! I guess asking questions here was a bad idea since you don't seem to like helping out anymore and really I getting sick of people coming back at me telling me like I don't know anything. I think I ****ing stay away from here!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW................................

Guess what, we all screw up, but you have to know your limitations. And next to a steam boiler, a deep fryer probably has the most potential to hurt someone.

BTW, screwing in a reg INCREASES the pressure. Maybe you don't know as much as you think.

Call the company, watch and learn.

And maybe ask your instructors how to set a reg.

Still pouty? we could really flame you. Stick around anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rich pickering View Post
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW................................

Guess what, we all screw up, but you have to know your limitations. And next to a steam boiler, a deep fryer probably has the most potential to hurt someone.

BTW, screwing in a reg INCREASES the pressure. Maybe you don't know as much as you think.

Call the company, watch and learn.

And maybe ask your instructors how to set a reg.

Still pouty? we could really flame you. Stick around anyway.
    What? One second while I think. I alway though you decrease pressure when you screw it down, at least I think I was told by someone else that part. The pressure did decrease when I went down and increase when I went up. Really, if you are correct about this part, then explain what just happen? Something tells me about this part makes more sense if there was another reg inside the gas value where you can't get to. I understand that most gas value is non-serviceable.

There is a reg in the valve too. Please, call the service company, then watch and learn.

Smile

Hey Shane,
    Call Frymaster at 800-551-8633 and talk to technical suport. Tell them your from Burger King and they will be glad to help you.

In the model you have (if i'm correct) there are targets that need to be adjusted or replaced. They will greatly affect the burn. Also make sure your tanks not leaking, common on older fryers.

good luck!

common, you a%$#%$#holes give this kid a break help him out, we all started this way, hey kid don't give up on this site,yet! and stay away from moose he thinks he the master bull! anyway kid, is there a regulater comming into the unit on the gas line to the unit ,is there where you'r making the adjustments or are you making them on the gas valve itself ? anyhow go ahead and clean the burners ,orvices, then try it aging and please call tech sopport at frymaster and take notes and ask them other questiong that could be on your mind of other scenerio, good luck kid

Quote Originally Posted by newbeetech View Post
    common, you a%$#%$#holes give this kid a break help him out, we all started this way, hey kid don't give up on this site,yet! and stay away from moose he thinks he the master bull! anyway kid, is there a regulater comming into the unit on the gas line to the unit ,is there where you'r making the adjustments or are you making them on the gas valve itself ? anyhow go ahead and clean the burners ,orvices, then try it aging and please call tech sopport at frymaster and take notes and ask them other questiong that could be on your mind of other scenerio, good luck kid
    What's your problem??????????????

He said he finished the heating part of his course. He didn't know how to set a reg or a gas valve. He is overfiring a deep fryer which tends to stress the pot. The pot is full of oil. Ever seen a deep fryer burning with the gas valve off?

How much do think a burger king deep fryer is worth? A lot more than a service call.

He wasn't flamed, he was given good advice.

no affance RICH , but this is a site is for new guy's that want to learn the trade the least we could do is help them out as much as we can ,but some are so selfish on passing on the trade to new tech, infact i still remember the techs that broke me in , i'll tell if i could see them today , i would give them a piece of my mind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast