Connecting to the zone bus via HVAC Pro

Connecting to the zone bus via HVAC Pro

Hi,

I have HVAC Pro release 8.06 installed on my laptop (windows XP). I use the edgeport serial/USB adapter and Cable Pro 3. I can upload and download ASCs when connected to the N2 bus with HVAC Pro, however, when connected to the zone bus i get an error message along the lines of "error 1068 could not execute JCSERIAL". I can also upload/download dx's with GX9100. Do I need a newer version of HVAC Pro?

Thanks in advance.

Junk

If your not at 8.06B update below
    http://publish.cg.na.jci.com:9085/pu...k_Patches.html

There are known issues even with the patch and using the ****ing converter. If you have a computer with a serial port, get a cable and adapter and don't use the adp! Otherwise when switching between N2 bus and ZB it's hit or miss. The offical statement is to reboot the computer when switching between the two. I wish I would have known that after I threw that sucker off my ladder after 20minutes of... it's working, well now it's not, its working, no MF down! You are using Windows XP Pro?
    "Yeah I can figure out whats wrong with it, but you were here first and there isn't room for two, plus it's cold up here, I'll be in the van"

I believe what you may need is the latest rev. 8.08b.
    With the "b" indicating that the 8.08 patch has been installed.
    IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob....say it with me now!

Yeah I'm running XP Pro.

I'm trying to download the patch but the link that you provided me doesn't seem to work.

I didn't realize you were at 8.06. There is no patch between 8.06 and 8.08. You'll need to upgrade to 8.08 then patch.
    "Yeah I can figure out whats wrong with it, but you were here first and there isn't room for two, plus it's cold up here, I'll be in the van"

OK,

I upgraded to 8.08. Now I need the patch. That link isn't working for me. Could you double check it?

Thanks

Yeah that's a dead end, I'm not a member. I did however manage to get the patch through a local controls distributor. It's been working great thus far, I've only had to reboot the laptop once. Thanks for your help guys!