Thread: Loytec L-Vis

Loytec L-Vis

Does anyone have any experience with this. I'm working with one on my current project and was wondering if anyone has any tips, hints , shortcuts etc.
    I have managed to set up some nice screens so far and so far I like what I see. I have used the numerous samples included with the software to find my way around and up till now I have been able to display almost anything that I could imagine. I think it would be easier if you could display GIF animations but the ability to display the individual frames has the same result.

Any tips would be appreciated.

I just recently put a BACNet L-Vis in a job site about a month ago. Did not have a lot of time for fancy graphics or options, but I did a good job of providing several screens of bacnet data...exactly what the customer wanted. I have it installed directly on the MSTP trunk with Johnson FEC controllers. It scans the network and you have to figure out which point is which but it was fairly easy.

I intend to put more in the future as this customer was impressed. Works good as a remote data check. It can be installed on the ethernet as well but I did not try that out.

I still need more time to learn all of it's feature but I like them. Software is free. Company is European. Sell a LON version also.

Zandman

zandman, I used the LON version. I installed it on the FTT-10 bus but I did all the programming through the internet port. That was a lot faster loading graphics. The company is European but the US rep is a very helpful guy. He tells me that the abiltiy to load animated GIFs is coming in a software upgrade very soon.
    I still have some work to do with it such as setting up schedulers and alarm pages.
    We were thinking about using the BACnet version so I am glad to hear that it worked out well for you.

This is a good company. These guys have their own chipset that goes either bacnet or LON so if you are making a higher powered controller they are worth consideration.

Construction quality is European. I remember their first version of this had like a 2lb stainless navigation wheel... and as far as the US rep-- I've stated it many times before: he is very straightforward and knowledgeable in Lonworks. Well worth the time.

L-Vis

Where can I order a LVIS-ME200 from?

Engenuity.

Lucky for you because they are primarily a Lonworks company so they understand you should be able to buy product without having to have territories and spend tons of sign-up money.
    Last edited by sysint; 10-12-2007 at 05:58 PM.

Looking to buy LVIS-ME200

I'm looking to purcahse one of these but I'm not a dealer. I did contact Loytech but the price they wanted for one Bacnet controller was absolutley out of the range of being reasonable. Does anyone have an inside source with Auto-Matrix or a supplier for these?

Thanks!

You may want try Engenuity. Their website lists the LON version but they can often get other products from a manufacturer that they do business with. Then again, it depends on what your idea of 'out of the range of being reasonable' is.

Mak

Crab, i am speaking about TAC Xenta Operator Panel, And sysint the main issue of switching from TAC Xenta OP to another display and control panel is: It goes quite expensive if clients asks for individual OP with every controller on standalone basis. You may imagine if i have 30-40 controllers with OP how much prices would be! I am kicked off.
    As stated by "Undercontrol" i agree i cannot bear to have expensive soluution.
    Sysint about which company you are speaking about, offering Lon devices?