Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help Identify Old Lennox

I just purchased a homewith a 23 year old Lennox. I plan on having it serviced and hope to get through a summer so that along with a load calculation I can geta properly sized unit. I want to get 2 stage either Carrier or Trane. Is either one of these quieter that the other? House does not have basement and Air Handler is located in a main floor closet.

Model number of condencer is HP16-4110-9P. Can you tell me what size this is?
    Thanks

3 ton heat pump

3 ton unit

Thanks for info

23 years why switch brands ? just curious

Trane would be a good choice for your new system in my opinion.

I have not heard or read much on these forums about Lennox 2 - stage. I have a Trane that is over 20 years old in my current home. Past performance probably does not guarantee any future performance. Finding someone to install equipment properly is probably a bigger challenge than deciding on brand. Once I make settlement I will explore all options.

Look at heating capacity. A popular manufacturer is rather light in that department. I looked up a "3 ton" 14 SEER R410a model and the heat output at 47° out was a pitiful 30,600 BTU. Contrast that with another brand we sell at 37,000 BTUs. Now, which one will be cheaper to heat with and put out warmer air? Also look at HSPF.

The HP16 was a tank. They don't build 'em like that anymore.

I quess you do not want to say who has better heat output. Do you know where I can research this information. Seems like the only manufacturer that gives actual specifications for there equipment online is Goodman/Amana. I plan on doing my own load calculation and along with current performance and dealer reccomendations hopefully will come up with right equipment. Would be nice to research specs. on equipment ahead of time.

I will assume that you do not want to state which brand has better heating capacity. Where can I find this information? Only brand that I can find any specifications on is Goodman/Amana. I would like to do my homework ahead of time. My reading here indicates that it is difficult to find a pro that will do a load calc. I plan on doing one myself and along with monitoring performance of existing unit I hope to come up with the right numbers. Having a pro do load calc would give me another point of reference. Anyplace that I can find specs. on existing Lennox HP16 heat pump?

Thanks

Thanks for link. Excuse my last post. It has been one of those days. Forgot I asked the same question 2 hrs. ago.

Are you an engineer?
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast