Confused Johnson Controls very slow

I am having an issue with the m3 workstation. It used to be on a windows 98 machine and we just recently moved it to an xp pro machine. The problem is that it is very slow in acccessing the campus ac units! Its on a p4, 512 ram, with 80 gig hard drive and it is very slow in accessing the different units, when it was on the 98 machine it was pretty quick. Is there a conflict with java? I am running verison 1.6 on the xp machine. We have had our ac technician on site a number of times and he has been unable to resolve the issue. I am the computer tech on campus and i am trying to come up with a resolution for this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Computer

Hello,

Are you running M3 or NAE? M3 does not require Java to operate.

First you need to figure our what you have.

Integrator

we are running m3 but it runs very slow. Is there anything i should check in the software? I did not install it we had a tech out from the local a/c place and it has been running slow ever since. It ran great on the 98 machine then he updated the software in order to work on xp pro.I tried to talk to johnson controls but they refered me back to the ac company. I have never used this software before i am just the computer tech for the site.

Was the M3 installed on a new XP box, or a previously polluted one?
    There are some known issues in regard to authorizing M3, but I am unaware of any known issues like you describe.

The last one I worked on with your same symptoms, ended up being slow due to having quite a few viruses and no regular PC maintenance.
    It was actually quite a mess.

What else do you see running on the machine?
    IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob....say it with me now!

Check the minumim requirements but I can guess that you do not have enough RAM for XP Pro. I think it requries 1 Gig ram....

Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    Check the minumim requirements but I can guess that you do not have enough RAM for XP Pro. I think it requries 1 Gig ram....
    Here are the system requirements: see Table #2 on Page 4 for the M3 workstation.
    http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.co..._PDF/12012.PDF
    IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob....say it with me now!

Ram

Hello

You need to increase your ram! We had the same problem -> M3 with 98 and went to 2000 and saw the same thing. We added the maximum the PC could handle and things are fine now.

Good luck

Try This

In Windows XP there is a compatability mode where you can change the JCI system back to windows 98. Might be worth a try.
    Law Of The Thermostat: He who has the thermostat wins!!!!!

M3 uses a DOS-Shell to run, with 98 or XP nothing slow about that. I would run task manager and see which program is your cycle hog and try to disable and see if that helps.