Thread: Injecting

Injecting

Tried for the first time store bought injecting sauce when smoking a chicken.

I have always made my own. Bought that creo butter stuff at the grocery store.

Bland and not much flavor for something advertised as spicy.

I think it's a waste of money. The worst part about it is that I think it was responsible for a late night case of the runs.

LOL
    I get the stuff from Cabelas. It's OK.
    Never got the runs from it.
    I really don't think it adds much flavor.
    I've injected whole turkeys with enough of that stuff to make a difference and the deep fried turkey always tastes the same.
    The skin has some of the flavor but the meat doesn't.

I think the best thing to inject is just straight hot sauce

Key posted a good recipe for injection sauce. He used Apple juice and melted butter and something else.

The apple juice and melted butter is the key to Key's recipe. I like herbs since I grow a lot of them. Put keys recipe and anything else your heart desires and then run it throw the blender. No pluging of the ejector needle this way.

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Key posted a good recipe for injection sauce. He used Apple juice and melted butter and something else.

The apple juice and melted butter is the key to Key's recipe. I like herbs since I grow a lot of them. Put keys recipe and anything else your heart desires and then run it throw the blender. No pluging of the ejector needle this way.
    Ummm. That sounds good. I'm gonna' try that one.

I think the main thing is to give it some time also. Like inject it and slide it back into the refer for a day. I am going to try pineapple juice next time.

Quote Originally Posted by chillbilly View Post
    Ummm. That sounds good. I'm gonna' try that one.
    Oh wait Keys was tomato juice and melted butter. I tried the apple juice and melted butter for a pork roase. Both were very good. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Oh wait Keys was tomato juice and melted butter. I tried the apple juice and melted butter for a pork roase. Both were very good. Sorry for the confusion.
    I think the best thing is something like tomato juice that breaks down the enzymes in the meat and tenderizes it. Pineapple juices does that also

Quote Originally Posted by James 3528 View Post
    I think the best thing is something like tomato juice that breaks down the enzymes in the meat and tenderizes it. Pineapple juices does that also
    True. Vinegar or lemon juice on beef will tenderize the toughest piece of meat.