+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane MP581 mother board replacement.

Post Likes

Trane MP581 mother board replacement.

After replacing a failed MP581 mother board and reconfiguring the MP581 with Rover the BCU recognizes the new neutron as a SCC Generic device and not as a MP581. (Rover reports the device profile as MPC.) This prevents me from assigning the neutron to the available UCM. I have unassigned the replaced neutron, performed a clear ram and reset twice which lead to a clear code, database and reset twice. The neutron still reads as a SCC Generic device. Summit is VER14 SP3. BCU is BMTW.
    Any suggestions?

Post Likes
    There is the possibility of the new Mp580 boards are coming with an image anything less than version 16 of Summit won't recognize. You will have to use the flash download wizzard to flash the controller back to a previous image. I believe 2.2.2 should work but image 2.2.3 won't.

Post Likes
    I didn't know you were on this group. Did you try what I gave you over the phone on Fri? If you have a phone number I will dial in and check it for you. just use my email address to send it to me

Post Likes
    I have not returned to site to implement your suggestions. I hope to return on Monday. I will post results. The site has remote access but do not have the number.

Thank each of you for your suggestions.

Post Likes
    Use Rover Flash Download Wizard to down-grade the MP.581 controller to the non-Lonmark certified firmware version. Firmware version 2.02.003 is lonmark certified. Down-grade to the previous version.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in