Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I have no problems with DataMate Base running on XP connecting to TECs and UCs. You can edit PPCL on a UC from Insight or DataMate Adavanced.

Quote Originally Posted by shifferbrains View Post
    I have no problems with DataMate Base running on XP connecting to TECs and UCs. You can edit PPCL on a UC from Insight or DataMate Adavanced.
    Have you ever tried backing up the database from a UC with Datamate? Try that and then tell me how you like it. Ya need a yearly license with Datamate Advanced, so if ya got Insight why pay for both? There are many times that I could not edit via the front end because the UC had lost it's address. If Insight can't see it, it's no use. The old DOS stuff works best for me.
    Last edited by big johnson; 01-30-2008 at 09:49 AM.

Arrow backing up programs

i recently experienced a rash of field panel failures over my network which is mostly fiber optic and a little copper. seimens is still struggling to correct the problem and i keep losing field panels. i had a cd i backed up with atomback command from my hard drive on the front end. they used my cd to back up my programs to their laptop and updated my insight 3.3 to a more current version. my question is, is there any way besides using datamate advanced to back up my programs to my laptop. i'm running windows 2000.

Confused CIS DOS XP compatibility issues

I am also having a problem with CIS compatibility with Windows XP. Is there any way for someone to send me the software for WIN CIS as well. It would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Cool Siemens CIS

BalancingBean,

Well we can forget about getting WinCis. I was told by a Siemens tech that the Windows version of CIS is only available to Siemens service techs and not for customer use. Customers can use CIS but I'm told by Siemens that our best bet is to purchase Datamate Advanced. They say that's like having Insight on your laptop. If you don't have a maintenance contract with Siemens and you have lots of mbc's and tec's then maybe it's worth it.

By the way one very sharp Siemens tech was able to fix all of my network problems in three days. Two other Siemens techs after about 2 weeks of struggles had given up and wanted to just drop out my front end and put 23 field panels on a stand alone condition since my network was going to receive a future upgrade. If anyone is interested in hearing the details then let me know.

may have a fix

contact me if you need some help with that.
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 10-27-2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Removed email address

Wincis

Who can help me out by geting a copy of wincis? i want to put it on my windows mobile treo.

I am currently using DataMate Base on an XP laptop. It runs fine. And yes DateMate does scan slow but if you want quicker response then switch to one of the brief reports found under the "View" tab. Scanning is a lot quicker if you aren't scanning all 99 points. It would be a nice option if DataMate would allow you to create a custom report.

Quote Originally Posted by exwtk View Post
    what is your email
    I could send a copy
    Could you please send me a copy also?
    Check my profile for my email address.
    Thank you.
    Jogas

Datamate

If Datamate is available I would appreciate a copy also.

My profie includes my email address.

Thanks

Controls Software

Quote Originally Posted by BalancingBean View Post
    I am also having a problem with CIS compatibility with Windows XP. Is there any way for someone to send me the software for WIN CIS as well. It would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

I am using a virtual machine , one as 95 to run Datamate CIS and XP Datamate advanced . It works just fine

Quote Originally Posted by maxscott View Post
    I am using a virtual machine , one as 95 to run Datamate CIS and XP Datamate advanced . It works just fine
    Ok that struck me as odd.... If you are running DataMate Advanced in XP why are you also using CIS in 95? DataMate Advanced has CIS built into it.

If anyone needs CIS that works on WIN Xp drop me a line with your email I will make sure you get a copy.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast