Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Looking good, think if you had Propress !!!

What does PIG stand for... Anybody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PIG - Pressure Induced Glycol tank. Do not think it is a professional term, more of a nickname given to an inexpensive means of making a system feeder

Instead of utilizing make-up water or a very expensive or noisy feeder tank, one can use an ordinary expansion tank. You release the air from the bladder, pump the expansion tank full of distilled water, glycol mix, or whatever with the pump and get as much head pressure the pump will give you. Pump up the bladder with air and now you have a pressurized make-up vessel. Down stream of the expansion tank is your pressure regulator set for the minimum psi needed in your closed loop system. If the pressure is to drop below minimum the PIG tank will maintain the system.

This home uses well water and with the small footprint and being a small guest home, there wasn't room to install a ton of filtration and feeder equipment. So the closed loop system in this situation was filled with distilled water and operated until almost all the air was removed, then the PIG tank was filled and system left to operate for a few days, returned and topped off the PIG tank as the last of the air was displaced.

Pretty inexpensive trick. Depending on the size of the system you would want to beef up the expansion tank size.

i like it i will be doing something not as big for my ice melt this fall. if i can save up enough to redo the driveway.
    Do it once. Do it correct.

Thank you for the explanation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Utahjohn View Post
    i like it i will be doing something not as big for my ice melt this fall. if i can save up enough to redo the driveway.
    If you supply the beer, more than happy to show up on a weekend and lay some tubing down. Better than laying sod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12