Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Likes

Thumbs up Indoor Air Quality in Lagos Flights

I think it safe enough to monitor the indoor air quality. especially in flights to Lagos from London.In door Air Quality carries the most importance in the Air Travel.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    What is the particale size range ? Might be intrested if its 2.5 -.01
    i am also interested to know about and also want to get cheap flights to lagos from london if anybody know please share with me.

Post Likes
    lpc engineer...
    In Australia for PM10 there is a 24-hour standard of 50 g/m3.
    For PM2.5, an advisory 24-hour (calendar day) reporting limit is set at 25 g/m3.
    Can you tell me please how i convert the particle counts in a cubic foot of air of the Dylos DC1100 (calibrated for 0.5 and 2.5 micron) to ug/m3 mass?
    Is there a conversion chart available please?

Post Likes

Conversion from count to mass

Take a look at #56 to #59 this thread. There are several links that address the issue of this conversion.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I have a dc1100 pro with PC interface. Somehow, an object was sucked into the fan, jammed it and burned out the fan motor and its voltage regulator.

I am an electrical engineer and technician so this is no problem. Replaced the damaged parts and all is working.

The RS232 interface is another story. There is no pinout information on the three pin Red, Blue, Black fan connector to DB9F serial connector. (The wires broke free from the DB9 when the case was opened).

Could you please supply me with pinout data as to RxD and TxD for the unit? Or, better still, a schematic?

Post Likes
    Hi Lpc_engineer,
    Thanks for the information. Is this particle counter using Rayleigh scattering which has the intensity is proportional to the power of n of the ratio of particle size/wavelength.
    Some of the Aerosol experts working in Lawrence Berkeley lab told me it is only good up to 3um with the red laser/LED. I wonder if the precision goes down to 05 um , what is the wavelength of Laser, is it shorter that 625nm?

I would appreciate your answer.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by redbookman View Post
    Hi Lpc_engineer,
    Thanks for the information. Is this particle counter using Rayleigh scattering which has the intensity is proportional to the power of n of the ratio of particle size/wavelength.
    Some of the Aerosol experts working in Lawrence Berkeley lab told me it is only good up to 3um with the red laser/LED. I wonder if the precision goes down to 05 um , what is the wavelength of Laser, is it shorter that 625nm?

I would appreciate your answer.
    The Dylos Pro Air Quality 1100 is only speced to .5um.
    As regards your other queries, I haven't the slightest clue.

I do own and regularly use one. Very satisfied, but I haven't verified the readings against a professional unit.
    I trust that it's accurate enough for me due to the reviews and comments I've read over the years.

I've talked directly to the Dylos folks and found them very helpful. Give them a call.

Randy

Post Likes

Question Need a good air quality meter for a stupid homeowner

I just found this forum, and this topic is relevant. I was reading about the dangers of 2.5 pm especially since we here in California have had many wildfires. I purchased a "Igeress" air detector. It has a bright display and shows HCHO, TVOC, PM2.5, and PM10.

But now some websites show the Dylos might be better.

Oh, one thing makes me nervous about the Igeress---- I have a Toyota Avalon 1998 and the exhaust had under 10 on the two pm entries. But when it sampled a ten year old Lexus SUV HYBRID exhaust the two PM's exceeded 999 ! What is this Igeress measuring ?

The manual with this Igeress is very poor. Hard to understand, words are missing, it's incomplete, etc.

I'm only a homeowner concerned about my health, but I want a good meter with and good easy-to-read manual, accurate, reliable, good support, long warranty.

Post Likes
    I have no faith in the Igeress as regards VOCs.
    Can't find 1 independent test confirming accuracy. Can't even find a web site that attempts at anything resembling a technical specifications

When I rent professional IAQ meters a detailed procedural calibration process is performed with a source of external pure air source and a measured pollutant.
    Each of the reference calibration samples are discarded after each calibration. This calibration procedure is done before each rental.
    Compare that the the calibration procedures of these cheap units

I don't think much better of the Awair device. Lots of 4/5 * reviews on amazon based on nothing more than - "Wow this device is really cool. I can read by IAQ numbers on my smart phone".
    It's the 1* reviews that are revealing. Some folks have two of these things, put them side by and read radically different VOC levels!
    Can't find 1 review that compared to a professional meter.

When I measure VOCs I rent a PID meter from pine-environmental. The cost for a new meter is ~ 8 grand and the daily rental is a little over 100 bucks. If you rent on Friday you get the single daily rate for the weekend.
    It's not cheap. but its the only way to know if any of these air cleaning gizmos work. I have little faith in personal testimonials. Sometimes all it takes is the smell of ozone to convince folks that the thunderstorm fresh smell means their air is clean. One of my AC guys, and someone I respect, told me he likes the fresh smell of ozone. Another AC guy, on entering my place, told me my air smelled super clean. What he was smelling was all of the alpha-pinenes and liminones left over from the previous owners abuse. When accurately measured by Gas Chromatography these levels were over 20 times higher than typical.

As far as the Dylos goes - I have faith for a number of reasons. For one thing you can call the company and they will discuss the accuracy issues.
    Comparisons have been made between professional products and the limitations of the Dylos accuracy is specified.

Particulates are easy to measure and easy to mitigate (HEPA filter).
    VOCs are a different animal.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456