ASI WebLink literature

Does anyone know where I might find software manuals for ASI WebLink and Visual Expert?

Heres the link to the Weblink manual https://www.dropbox.com/s/wq5jzrj0uy2a39s/weblink3.pdf

Are you looking for Expert object definitions or just the small user manual?

If you need help let me know I did ASI for 10 years
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Thank you for the manual. We are adding multiple JACE's to a site with existing WebLink front end (they don't have JASIC Open system). Customer likes the WebLink UI and would like to maintain a single interface for the site. Considering adding an OPC driver to the JACE and bringing everything back to WebLink. They are probably better off upgrading the whole site to JASIC Open, but I doubt they would foot the bill for that. My biggest concern is the performance using the OPC method. There could be 2000+ points.

Also, we have to add some programming and a few points to an existing ASIC/2-7540. Any literature that would help to understand the Visual Expert programming tool would be helpful.

There is no difference in the Jasic open and a regular Jace. Don't forget you will have to put your programming in one of the Asic/2s and do OPC write through for the scheduling. The Visual Expert tool manual is about 80M and in 6 pieces I believe.

If you have remote site access I would be happy to help.

Existing system architecture has a WebLink server with connection to field controller networks through older Digi network interface modules. We are now adding several Jace supervisory controllers to the system and trying to provide the customer with a common user interface. It appears the WebLink server becomes obsolete in the JASIC open system where field controllers are channeled through the Jace with an ASI driver. The user interface then becomes Niagara. In order to accomplish this in our application we would have to convert the existing system to JASIC open. That appears to be a huge and expensive burden. Our alternative is to add OPC server drivers to the new Jace's and bring them in through the existing WebLink. Am I accurate on this interpretation?

The other part of the project where we have to modify and add to an existing Asic/2 is a minor part of the project and quite a way in the future. I may take you up on the offer for help when the time comes. Thank you very much!

No the only purpose that the Jasic open was introduced was to give them a front end for their Bacnet controllers, from everything I have heard the ASI jace driver is junk, its not made by ASI either.

Your Digi modules if the firewalls are setup correctly are either Etherlink/2s or 3s and can give you remote access to the site. Your only choice is to go OPC or depending what you are integrating into put a Kepware OPC server in instead of the jaces. Remember ASI uses Dcom and not UA.

Our field devices are Bacnet MSTP and easily converted to IP using routers. Lets say we installed a Bacnet OPC server on the Weblink box. Now we bring in data points using OPC tags. How will the alarms work? It appears alarm notifications are generated at the controller level and sent up to Weblink. Is it possible to make this work using third party devices through OPC?

Give kepware a call or depending you could convert bacnet to modus in the jace and bring the info into an asic/2 then into weblink

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk