What size torx.....Siemens

I've got a building running siemens apogee. I'm looking for the torx size of the screws that secure the cover on the Siemens VAV damper actuator. My set has T15 to T20. None of which works. thanks Tim
    Some people swear by me and some at me

I don't know the size of that screw but I do know on a small Belimo actuator the screw is a 10 tamper proof.

The torx driver has a tiny hole drilled into the center of the bit which accepts a tiny pin protruding from the center of the screw, like this:http://www.tamperproof.com/index.cfm...ction=products
    Edited by powerhead on more than one occasion

some German stuff is double square on cars i wonder if they are doing to other stuff now. it looks like torx but is 8 point internal.

What is the part number?

A VAV is most likely to have a GDE 131 or 161 and you're going to need a 3mm or 4 mm hex. The 4 mm set screws have a "flared" head and come on the newer models.

Hope that helps

I haven't had time to look at the site for a while but I still have the same question. The actuator is a GDE 131 and the screw sure looks like a tamper proof torx but 15 is small and 20 is large. Is there something in between. Chesehd, I think you're refering to the damper shaft set screw. I'm talking about the screws that hold the cover on the actuator. Thanks

I guess I just found the answer to my own question. I replaced this actuator a while ago and set it up and all is well. I just wanted to open her up to see what's goin' on in there. I pulled up the specs. on the web and noticed a warning note "If actuator fails, replace it. Do Not Open!" Now I realy gotta get in there.LOL

If a 15 is too small and a 20 is to large then maybe it's not metric(not likely)?

If your gonna trash it anyway, try drilling the screw head off.

If that don't work, time for the Big Fugging Hammer!
    Edited by powerhead on more than one occasion