+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I Learned at Comfortech 2007

Currently: Los Angeles area, Previously: East Coast to West Coast + many cities in between.
    Post Likes

Red face What I Learned at Comfortech 2007

1) There were lots of HVAC-Talk participants at Comfortech 2007. Service Roundtable Members made up the largest single group of attendees.

2) There are far too many contractors who don't charge enough for what they do. There are far too many really professional HVAC contractors who don't charge enough for what they do. So, their standard of living is not up to what it could or should be.

3) It is a shame that more good contractors were not there this year as they probably were/are feeling financially stressed due to the state of the economy in their market area.
    Alex

Post Likes
    I learned that I want my daughter educated, not trained .
    Ed J

Post Likes

At Comfortech 2007, I learned...

that there is even more "business sense" I need to gain to ensure my success;

that I will be attending Comfortech every year, because I gained so much insight into other aspects of our industry (not just the technical side);

that there is far more equipment available for my customers than I've been exposed to;

that there are some great people in this industry;

that there are far too few women in this industry;

that our moderators are really cool, and it's great to put a name to a face;

that RoboTeq looks exactly like I thought he would!

I hope to see everyone in Atlanta next year!!

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by favoredwun View Post
    that there is even more "business sense" I need to gain to ensure my success;

that I will be attending Comfortech every year, because I gained so much insight into other aspects of our industry (not just the technical side);

that there is far more equipment available for my customers than I've been exposed to;

that there are some great people in this industry;

that there are far too few women in this industry;

that our moderators are really cool, and it's great to put a name to a face;

that RoboTeq looks exactly like I thought he would!

I hope to see everyone in Atlanta next year!!

It was great meeting you Marlee. I take it you were on your way somewhere when you stopped by. I got interrupted from our conversation and when I looked back, you were gone.

And yes, there are way too few women in our industry
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Yes, I was on my way to the 3:00 session, and I thought maybe you'd be there when it was over. It was great to finally meet you too.

Lusker, thanks for your advice. It was great talking to you. I'm sure I'll be sending you questions via e-mail from time to time.

I'm sure everyone around me is sick of hearing about Comfortech 2007. I have bee talking about it non-stop. I learned so much it's amazing. I expect to be in a much better business position this time next year from the knowledge I've gained. I guarantee it!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by favoredwun View Post
    Yes, I was on my way to the 3:00 session, and I thought maybe you'd be there when it was over. It was great to finally meet you too.

Lusker, thanks for your advice. It was great talking to you. I'm sure I'll be sending you questions via e-mail from time to time.

I'm sure everyone around me is sick of hearing about Comfortech 2007. I have bee talking about it non-stop. I learned so much it's amazing. I expect to be in a much better business position this time next year from the knowledge I've gained. I guarantee it!

And based on the professionalism and the desire to be a success that exudes from you...I truly believe that

Post Likes
    I'd love to hear more comments from those of you who attended. I may quote some of you in our roundup story which will appear in the November issue. So can I get some more posts?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the editor View Post
    So can I get some more posts?
    Here's another post.

-Pete

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the editor View Post
    So can I get some more posts?
    And another!!!

-Pete

Post Likes
    Hmmm...

St Louis things:
    1. Kim Massey can sing the blues like no other.
    2. Schlafly lager is quite tasty. Close second to Fat Tire.
    3. Pete has good taste in Italian food. Vitto's was okay even though they served martinis in a brandy snifter.
    4. Don't hang with Marge at the museum unless you are ready to do some exploring and climbing.
    Comfortech things:
    1. OEM are making their products even more installer friendly. Really like the new Honeywell zoning system and Thermastor dehumidifiers. We are considering some vendor changes after seeing some of the great products at the showcase.
    2. VD is a good thing when it comes to furnace inspections. Steve has a nice product. The Testo and Rigid cams are great compliments for the VD inspection process.
    3. The training sessions had something to offer for everyone from installation techs to distributor managers. Great selection. Hope to attend a few more next year.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Post Likes

I should of...

tried to find this "fat tire" you guys keep talkin about...they don't sell it around these parts but it must be some good stuff...

Currently: Los Angeles area, Previously: East Coast to West Coast + many cities in between.
    Post Likes
    I could have spent another full day going to the exhibits. I wish the exhibit time was longer. My preference would be to have an exhibits only day before the education sessions start. This would permit attendees to see exhibits which would prompt them to go to education sessions offered by exhibitors instead of the other way around. It's a chicken or egg thing.
    Alex

Post Likes
    I heard a lot of the same thing about the length of exhibit time.

I heard at least 5 people as we were heading out saying they wish the exhibit time was a little longer. Myself included.. We spent probably 20 minutes after the "official" closing talking to 3-4 vendors..

Post Likes
    Yep. I kept the Honeywell guy there on Friday.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Post Likes
    I was hearing the same thing from quite a few attendees. Maybe run one day of exhibition later for those who cannot attend during the day as well.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Senior Tech View Post
    tried to find this "fat tire" you guys keep talkin about...they don't sell it around these parts but it must be some good stuff...
    Senior, what part of Illinois do you live in? I never had a problem getting it in the Chicago area. Look harder I think you should be able to find it. Its really pretty good.

On another note, I planned on attending Comfortech this year, but got transferred and had to use that weekend to move. Hope to go next year.
    Last edited by joe8758; 10-06-2007 at 05:35 PM. Reason: can't spell or type
    Silence is golden - Duct Tape is Silver!

Post Likes

Wink City Museum

What's wrong jrbenny, can't keep up with "Marge In Charge?"
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Hmmm...

St Louis things:
    1. Kim Massey can sing the blues like no other.
    2. Schlafly lager is quite tasty. Close second to Fat Tire.
    3. Pete has good taste in Italian food. Vitto's was okay even though they served martinis in a brandy snifter.
    4. Don't hang with Marge at the museum unless you are ready to do some exploring and climbing.
    Comfortech things:
    1. OEM are making their products even more installer friendly. Really like the new Honeywell zoning system and Thermastor dehumidifiers. We are considering some vendor changes after seeing some of the great products at the showcase.
    2. VD is a good thing when it comes to furnace inspections. Steve has a nice product. The Testo and Rigid cams are great compliments for the VD inspection process.
    3. The training sessions had something to offer for everyone from installation techs to distributor managers. Great selection. Hope to attend a few more next year.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I tried to play "follow the leader" but no one followed me. In fact, security had to get me out of the caves because I was so far lost in them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusker View Post
    Marge... ya just got to teach him how..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in