+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thermador oven question

Post Likes

Thermador oven question

O.k. here goes.
    I have a thermador convection oven/microwave/warming drawer oven
    mod.# semw302. 9 months old. In the self cleaning mode after about 1 hour i get an erro code F-34. Factory rep/service man comes over, pulls unit & installs more insulation & a side vent gizmo. He says it`s a manufactue update fix. I try self clean last night & it`s still comes up F-34 erro code.
    What the h--l is F-34?????????. And don`t tell me to check super heat

Post Likes
    Did you do a manual J and D before you installed it.....................

It's grossly oversized...........
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

Post Likes
    I think anyone who can afford a Thermador can afford someone to fix it for them.

Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

Post Likes
    F-34= upper oven air switch located either under oven or on rear depending on ser #. Remove vent and look to see if they are below,upper is on l/s. If not there they are on rear of oven.This trouble is impossible to diagnose unless it is in solid. Trouble could be air sw, connectors,loose connection on board or board itself.

F34 Upper oven cooling fan over-speed or
    under-speed detected

Have Fun
    PS. gleaned from the web

http://applianceguru.com/forum1/11662.html
    Last edited by Snoring Beagle; 09-29-2007 at 12:49 PM.

Expect nothing, yet expect the unexpected.
    Press on Regardless, Endeavor to Persevere.

Post Likes
    I can see this is going to be a lot of fun.
    no d or j done, over sized? yes....
    collin, this remodle job was my wife`s idea, not mine.I made her pay for everything. I was happy with my 1934 stove.
    They did replace the side vent with a factory replacement.
    Air switch, circuit board???? Modern technology is wonderfull.

Post Likes
    To me it sounds like that they have a sensor detecting a temp to high going out the vent or it could be the sensor itself.

For what the tech did was propley something that the manufactor is trying to do to slove this problem and you are not the first one with it.

I know I have had a situaton with this in a kitchenaid brand a few years back.

I replaced it twice and then come to find out that the sensor over time "because of heat" would turn just enough to touch the side of the cabinet and short it out.

Now look at this that I found

I copied and past it

May 17, 2001
    BSH Home Appliances Corp. Recalls Thermal/Microwave Ovens
    Los Angeles, CA (SafetyAlerts) - BSH Home Appliances Corp. said today it is recalling about 2,300 Thermador® brand combination thermal/microwave ovens. The oven door may not lock properly when the oven is put into the "self clean" mode. While the oven is in "self clean" mode, intense heat is generated to clean the oven. If oxygen is introduced by opening the oven door during the "self clean" mode, combustible material left inside can ignite and pose a fire risk.

The oven has a steel frame around glass panels and comes in a black, white or stainless steel finish. It is sold as a single or double-stacked unit. The model numbers included in the recall are CM301UB, CM302UB, CM301UW, CM302UW, CM301US, and CM302US with serial numbers that begin with 2003 through 2010. The model and serial numbers are located on a data plate inside the grill located beneath the control panel that reads "Thermador" on the right hand side of the oven.

Appliance and specialty stores nationwide sold the ovens to homebuilders and contractors from about May 2000 through May 2001 for about $3,000 to $4,600.

INCIDENTS/INJURIES: None reported.

Consumers should stop using the "self clean" mode of the recalled ovens immediately and contact Thermador at (800) 735-4328 between 5 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday to arrange for a free inspection and if needed, free repair. Media inquiries should be directed to Gary Ball at (714) 899-4166.

Post Likes
    Thanks southern girl.
    I started up the oven in convection /bake mode & the fan sounds like a bucket of bolts & was hardly turning.I believe thats the probleme. I called thermador for service as this is still under warranty.Thanks again. bigbird

Post Likes
    Ok I got a question for you.

The convection fan, is it located in the back of the oven?

I had a customer one time she had a large round pan and would jam it in the oven to close the door. In doing this she crushed the housing on the fan and in turn kept the fan from moving.

You just might want to check it out.

Post Likes
    Yes, the fan is in the back of oven.Although it`s protected by a metal grill.
    We`ve only used the oven about 5 times & have never pushed anything to the back. with the oven off, i took a little screw driver & was able to turn the fan blade with no restriction or rubbing sound.The tech comes out on the 17 th.of oct. I hope he can access this fan/motor from the front. It`s a bear to pull unit as it`s all one unit put in custom cabnets.

Post Likes
    Doubt he will be able to fix it from the front. Most of the fans are long and located in the back of the ovens.

I don't know to much on the Thermador's but I am sure they can't be to much different.

They should have an oven dolly. I know some of the double ovens are all I can do to put them in with help. And I ain't no weakling.

Make sure they don't tear up your cabinet and they should have a shipping quilt or some thing to protect your floor. These units have sharp edges as like any other appliance.

Post Likes
    I`m well aware of what i have to watch out for in regards to white custom cabnets, hardwood floors & so on.I hear about it every time i touch something, I`M MARRIED.
    No they don`t have a dolly. I built one that is even with the bottom of the oven & rolls in all directions.I have carpet all around the dolly so it don`t touch the cabnets.This unit is very heavy, it`s going to be FUN.
    They come on the 17th. & i`m having some baddies cut out of my back on the 15th.I`ll probly blow a bunch of stiches. O well, life goes on. THANKS ALOT> bigbird

Post Likes
    most likely there is some insulation blocking the air switch located in the back. The fans and motors on those Wallovens are problematic also. Is the bottom vent clear through to the back? sometimes the microswotch can be adjusted. Wow you have to wait until the 17th for Service......I doubt the servicer is 3 weeks out......Goodluck
    man.....we are in a choice profession

Post Likes
    Hi redrock, things move slow out here on the west coast.I think this oven is going to be a problem.I made this special roll around platform to help remove the oven(techs don`t have one). As the service tech was leaving he said don`t tear that roll around apart, we`ll probly be back. This is just great. I tried the oven on bake this morning & the scroll gage moter in the rear made all kinds of noise, so, i better leave things alone till they get here.bigbird

Post Likes
    Thermadors bring back some fond memories, used to work in Pasco count FL and the guy I worked for sold many Thermadors. What a bear to work on and pull out when needed. Btw we carry plastic slides we put under heavy appliances to get them out to work on. They can be rolled up and dont take up too much space in the service vehicle.

Roy
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    George Orwell.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in