PCT Automatically downloads Main Code when option is not enabled.

Has anyone noticed that when you go into Tools>Download Multiple CAFs, it would download the Main Code on all the controllers before downloading the application? How can I bypass it? Both the Boot Code and Main Code option is unchecked, so I don't know how to stop it from downloading the main code.

Quote Originally Posted by Questionz View Post
    Has anyone noticed that when you go into Tools>Download Multiple CAFs, it would download the Main Code on all the controllers before downloading the application? How can I bypass it? Both the Boot Code and Main Code option is unchecked, so I don't know how to stop it from downloading the main code.
    The controller needs a main code update. I just did several PCV1615s and PCV1630s without a main code download. I received an email a couple of weeks ago stating the next revision of software will be 10.0 separating itself from CCT as well as the controllers. No longer will the controller firmware and the programming software need to match. The main code takes forever to download. I believe the email said mid February for a release date, so it might be available now.

Thanks mechdorn, I'll need to go through my channels then. However, even though I let it update, when I re-download the application file, it will re-download the main code. The main code version stays the same before and after the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Questionz View Post
    Thanks mechdorn, I'll need to go through my channels then. However, even though I let it update, when I re-download the application file, it will re-download the main code. The main code version stays the same before and after the update.
    That's odd, question, are their slave modules associated with the main controller? How about uploading the controller, does it then reflect the current firmware version? By no means I'am expert, I just suffered some of the same stuff that you are going through.

It is a PCT UI bug, I had the same issue and contacted JCI back in November. JCI is aware of this issue. Now that 10.0 is out, it should be resolved. I received v10.0.1 last week and will be testing the multiple download along with another issue this week.

My main code download issue was with a PCG2611 but the issue will apply with any controller with different main & boot code versions. Basically the boot code for the PCG2611 at 6.0 should be 6.0.1.0100, and for the main code it should be 6.0.2.0100. The PCT tool incorrectly uses the boot code version as the target version for both main and boot. Since the actual main code version is different than the boot code, it will always determine that the main code version is different and needs to be downloaded.

This will happen even if the controller already has the correct main code. The issue only happens when downloading multiple CAF's even with the main code unchecked. It is not an issue when downloading a single controller.

There is a work around but requires manually editing the main code file name to match the version name of the boot code. I have modified the files and verified the work around works as I had 631 PCG's that needed an updated CAF and the process was taking forever with the main code download it didn’t need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Quote Originally Posted by Balibe View Post
    It is a PCT UI bug, I had the same issue and contacted JCI back in November. JCI is aware of this issue. Now that 10.0 is out, it should be resolved. I received v10.0.1 last week and will be testing the multiple download along with another issue this week.

My main code download issue was with a PCG2611 but the issue will apply with any controller with different main & boot code versions. Basically the boot code for the PCG2611 at 6.0 should be 6.0.1.0100, and for the main code it should be 6.0.2.0100. The PCT tool incorrectly uses the boot code version as the target version for both main and boot. Since the actual main code version is different than the boot code, it will always determine that the main code version is different and needs to be downloaded.

This will happen even if the controller already has the correct main code. The issue only happens when downloading multiple CAF's even with the main code unchecked. It is not an issue when downloading a single controller.

There is a work around but requires manually editing the main code file name to match the version name of the boot code. I have modified the files and verified the work around works as I had 631 PCG's that needed an updated CAF and the process was taking forever with the main code download it didn’t need.
    Thanks for clearing things up. Sorry you had so many controllers affected. Somebody should at least kick in a few bucks to cover your lost time.