Residential Economizer

I've been thinking about putting a whole house fan in my house, but then I started getting all creative with the idea and thinking of ways to wire it into my t-stat . My question is before I do all of this, does anybody know of a good residential economizer?

ive done a couple but they were all custom uning honeywell 7400 components. You could go as simple as a mechanical bulb stat mounted outside. Whole house fan would give you a lot more volume most likely

did you consider running a outside air duct into the return of the system with a motorized damper.then wire in a remote bulb to maintain the new MIXED AIR and it would be totally stand alone when the fan is running.you can also install a potenteometer to over ride the remote to set the damper for a minimum OA intake.seems like there is not much room for a residential econo compared to commercial applications that deal with sealed windows and high interior loads in the fall/winter
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Well I was thinking about running a duct from the attic vent, adding a damper and running it directly into the return. I some how was trying to think about wiring the damper to my t-stat as the first stage and my a/c as the second stage, but I haven't worked out all the kniks in my head yet. But I know for a fact that I have no worries about humidity where I live it is always dry, so I would only need a temp control and not an enthalpy control to sense the outside air. Does anybody have any ideas on how to wire it into my stat ?

you really don't need to wire it into the stat,just use a mixed air control with range 40F-100F put it at 50F this will control the mod motor to maintain that mixed air setting.on large commercial applications they exhaust the return air so the fan only pulls full OA or a 50-50% of both and as long as that satisfies the space the AC will stay off.mixed air is considered the area down from the OA damper and before the filter on the return just at or below where the RA meets the AO.different look at this would be to put the 40F-100F control inseries with the yellow Y1 on the condenser and set it for 55F (closes on rise)any temps on the bulb below 55F compressor stays off...now to the OA duct ace the MOD motor,and just put a manual damper left open at 75%(test) and run the system as normal.stat at 70F fan in auto/system cool and the fan should cycle if the room is calling for cooling so you will mix the AO with the return to cool.all evaps usually run at 40F on a summer day so keep that in mind 55F will only do so much...the mystey here is how much econo cooling are you palnning on doing before you swing to heat hope this adds to you project
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY