+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Monessen Fireplaces

Post Likes

Monessen Fireplaces

We just started handling Monessen fireplaces and have been fairly impressed with them. However out of the last 10 fireplaces we have got, 5 of them have had the black finish on the front rubbed off in spots from contact with the packaging. I was wondering if this is a widespread problem or is just happening to us. It seems to be a packaging problem rather than rough handling during shipping. Anybody else have problems like this?

Post Likes
    I have seen that with other brands. Since then they changed the packaging so the cardboard is not rubbing on the painted parts.

Post Likes
    I was also wondering what others had to say abount Monessen, good or bad. If we can get the packaging issue worked out I think we will put Monessen as one of our primary product lines. However if they are prone to problems we might think twice about it.

Post Likes
    I can't speak for others, but I spent 2 days at Monessen's facility last year and I saw no issues. I trained with them for a couple of days and I spent several hours on their 430,000 sqft factory floor as well. I've seen their products progress from flat steel stock to their finished products.....I very much liked what I saw AND Mike and Buddy put on a great training session.

I've serviced several hundred of their DLX vent-free units and many of their Duzy models as well without any significant issues.

I am not in the sales side of this industry, but I do have 23 years in sales in my previous life and feel that Monessen will address any issue that you should encounter.

Just my .02

Post Likes

Thumbs up Monessen

I'll ditto logdoc_rob. I have worked with them on some big issues and found them responsive. Mike is great. If he doesn't have your answer, he'll find it for you.

If you like ventfree, theirs is about as good as anybody else's.

Packaging issues are minor and can easily be responded to. Take digital pics of the package as it arrives, then of it open. Include the model, serial# and mfg. info. so they can track it on their end. They should also provide suitable touch up materials and info.

HTH,
    Hearthman

Post Likes
    Thanks for the replys. Everything we have put in from Monessen has been direct vent, as we try to steer clear of vent free products. Like I said before they seem to be a nice product, and they have a pretty diverse product line between them and Lexington Forge. If we put these on as a primary line I might have to look into trying to get a factory tour. Quite a ways from South Dakota though.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in