Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senior Project

Senior Project

I am a senior in college majoring in building automation. Does any one have any good ideas for my senior project? Im more familiar with johnson products.

How about: "Lon vs. BACnet: Which is better?"

What about

"Stocks Vs Customer Satisfaction - A Treatise on the Various Shades of the Colour Blue"?

But seriously, I can't really offer a line for the project but I would keep the content non proprietary.

Lon, for example. Or maybe BACnet.....
    gnomethang

Green Buildings

How to design a control system for Green building technology. Very much a fast growing part of this industry. Try this www.usgbc.org

GB

hey maestro. what college has building autmation as a major. sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by the maestro View Post
    ...Im more familiar with johnson products.
    Then do it on something completely different.

I think you should investigate AMR and relate it to future integration of home and business to conserve energy. You could also include mass street-lighting too.

Right now there are alot of proposals out there on how to go about AMR. It's interesting to me NONE of those solutions involve bacnet. NONE.

You could also investigate a company like Mc D's which seem to be moving toward total automation, from kitchen equipment to the BAS. Potentially good case study there.

What the hell is AMR? Can't be talking about data collecting. Seen it as ascII and modbus only.

Automated Meter Reading

Maybe the kid can check out the appointed "metering babe" Elena Turanscaia at metering.com and see what she has to say about AMR.

im thinking about using a wireless temp sensor to communicate with the receiver to control a VAV. what do you guys think?

That's kinda boring.... The initial "wow" factor disappears quickly. I take it this is a small project?

I suppose you could go into interference issues and costing....

For my little brothers senior project in Electrical Engineering we created an automated bar. It was really cool and received the wow factor from his teachers.

I think he should go with the automated micro-brewery....

go about wireless building automation. mesh. zigbee could be a part. integrations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast