Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

QuadraFire 1200i Exhaust fan - won't shut off

During the Summer my wife woke up to the pellet stove fan running
    this is when the thermostat was set to 50 degrees - and ambient temp was well above 50 degrees
    she unplugged the stove and then forgot to tell me about it.
    Anyways - today I due my annual cleaning
    and give the stove a trial run before winter

Problem - I plug in the power cord and exhaust fan turns on
    Red "feed me pellets" light kicks on when I raise the thermostat to 75 degrees
    pellets feed (normal)
    Pellets ignite (normal)
    Fire burns while exhaust fan does it thing (normal)
    (red and green light on top of control box module light up)
    the convection fan never kicks on - when the light calls for more pellets
    then a loud "clicking" sound comes from the grey module control box. sounds like a switch cycling on /off rapidly 4-5 times a second
    After I turn the thermostat back to 50 the exhaust fan never shuts off
    anyone else ever had this problem?
    Strange the fan would kick on by itself in the warm summer
    and then stay on as long as unit is plugged in

FYI the convection fan only kicks on when a temp snap disc trips, not "when the light calls for more pellets".

The operation of the combustion blower is controlled by the module. Sounds like you might need a new module. The grey module is now obsolete FYI, there is a newer replacement part, a clear module.

Also FYI when first plugged in the combustion blower runs for around 15 minutes (on current models). But, it should shut off sometime after there is not a call for heat anymore.

(red and green light on top of control box module light up)
    the convection fan never kicked on - even after 15:00 minutes

when the light called for more pellets
    then a loud "clicking" sound comes from the grey module control box. sounds like a switch cycling on /off rapidly 4-5 times a second

What is the going rate for new modules? (afraid to ask)

Hmmm... they don't like prices here but that applies to doing a job, giving quotes, etc...

I will look up the MSRP quick, I don't see any harm in posting that. Although I would not suggest just going and buying a module, I'm just guessing without actually seeing it.

Looks like it would be around $200 just for the module, might not be a bad idea to have a pro come check the whole thing out.

thank you for your thoughts
    I will call in the service repair person...

thank you

Cool

If you find the combustion blower running, it could mean the power blinked and it's just running a normal purge as jtp suggested.

Why throw parts at it? In the first place, you would check and possibly replace snap disc#1, which controls the convection fan, before you replace the module. If the unit fires normally but the convection fan never kicks in, snap disc#2 may kick the unit off as it overheats then later re-set.

Call the service guy but ask him to bring snap disc parts for #1,#2, and a new clear module just in case. Also, when is the last time this stove was reallly torn apart and scrubbed inside and out? 90% of all pellet stove problems can be traced back to lack of proper maintenance.

hth,
    hearthman

Same problem :fan won't shut down

Does anyone know what the fix for this problem is?
    I have exactly the same issues
    The fan will not shut off after all of the other shut done procedures have been done

what "fan" are you referring to? if it the one that blows air into the room(convection fan), you may need a new snap disk #1. if its the exhaust fan, it could be a few different things.

It is the exhaust fan.

do you see the control board? and with the stove cool and thermostat off do you see any light on the control board?

Yes, both the red and green lights come on in there proper sequence.
    When the stove is pluged in (no thermostat calling for heat) the exhaust fan comes on right away and will not shut off.

When the stove is cold there are no lights on

what about when you turn the thermostat up, do you see just the red "call" light? looks like a 3/8" red bubble. or do you see a green or red light on the control board also?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast