Problem with furnace blower

Problem with furnace blower

Of course it's the perfect winter to experience furnace problems!

My furnace comes on.. The blower starts and a minute later as the blower about to boost the motor hums and stops.

Blower runs on a 15uf cap took the cap got it tested and he the guy says its good

1. Could it truly be a bad capacitor or it's starting to go bad or
    2. The blower motor is starting to go bad ?

Thank you

Sorry, we don't offer DIY advice on these forums. I would recommend you have a professional service the entire system and diagnose your problem for you.
    Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.

Some people can't afford to spend couple hundred dollars to have someone diagnose something that is possibly simple to fix that's why we come to these forums. If it's something major then there's nothing we can do we have to get a professional but if it's something we can do and we just need to get pointed in the right direction..why not?

it could be a few things. an experienced pro can diagnose it fast and without throwing parts at it. call a pro. we can't give you instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebking View Post
    Some people can't afford to spend couple hundred dollars to have someone diagnose something that is possibly simple to fix that's why we come to these forums. If it's something major then there's nothing we can do we have to get a professional but if it's something we can do and we just need to get pointed in the right direction..why not?
    It might be a possible simple fix or it might not be. sounds major to me. call a professional. we cannot tell you how to do it because it is against the site rules, which you have ignored.
    ~~
    Nest is poo...