Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I getting scammed?

Post Likes
    well, not to complicate matters, but the warranty certificate does indeed back up what the guy said, it appears to be 5 years on everything.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post
    well, not to complicate matters, but the warranty certificate does indeed back up what the guy said, it appears to be 5 years on everything.

dats what i wuz sayin.......

the part about the G40 costing more than the G50 is a crock though.

like i said before the difference in price is very small.

as close as the prices are i never understood why they bothered to make the G40.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post

It's not................I called the Lennox warranty department for you. They confirmed it. 3 years.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post

the part about the G40 costing more than the G50 is a crock though.

like i said before the difference in price is very small.

as close as the prices are i never understood why they bothered to make the G40.
    They made the G40 for new construction.

The price difference is suprisingly small. Not worth buying a G40 at all unless you need 500 of them for a project.

Post Likes
    So I wandered into the residential forum to see whats cooking and here we are.

I'll put this in a different context:

I went to a nissan dealer and brought a infiniti the next day I picked up my new car and found I got a nissan altima instead. did I get scammed?
    well the warranty is the same etc. its the same car a few tiny differences but its the same car! the sales guy says

Dang I say you got ripped!
    its the dealers problem he installed the wrong thing

If this was me I would insist on getting a G50 installed based upon the info you provided
    yes I would drag this into small claims court if I had to.

Again based upon the info you provided
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    Also...........................

You should install what you sell.

Or is that. You should sell what your your going to install.
    Last edited by HeyBob; 09-22-2007 at 08:44 AM. Reason: repaired quote link

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Or is that. You should sell what your your going to install.

Yea, something like that.

Post Likes
    I talked to my salesman at length on Friday and he called Lennox right away. The G-40 from what I found out does have a 5 year parts warranty. The older ones only had a 3 year warranty on the board. They decided to change this to be more competitive in the industry. This is what they told him. At this point thats how I will approach the warranty but who knows. It all seems to be who you talk to.
    Its a good Life!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by m kilgore View Post
    I talked to my salesman at length on Friday and he called Lennox right away. The G-40 from what I found out does have a 5 year parts warranty. The older ones only had a 3 year warranty on the board. They decided to change this to be more competitive in the industry. This is what they told him. At this point thats how I will approach the warranty but who knows. It all seems to be who you talk to.
    well, that seems to match what my warranty certificate says. Which is good.

The thing that is bugging me about all of this, is what is the guy's motivation? If he was trying to pull a bait and switch and got caught, why pull it when the $ difference is so small? Is it really worth the risk that someone is going to catch you for that amount of money? And if it wasn't a bait and switch, it was either a mistake (which he swore it wasn't) or he truly thinks that the difference is meaningless, that the different ignitor, board, insulated blower, and low speed fan are really no differences at all. Which all of you say is a load of bs.

I don't suppose I will ever know the answer to that, huh?

Post Likes
    The guy still hasn't sent the $250 like he said he would. I'd love to put this all behind me but I'm not going to let him get away that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    Outstanding information! Now, yet another thing to worry about getting right on my quotes. The G40 is what I use to compeate with other low end brands.
    I'm curious, this post has bugged me based upon the other info here. How does the G40 help you compete with other low end brands when, according to others, the price difference is negligible? If it is only $25 or less, as my HVAC guy said and as has been confirmed by others here (in vague terms), how does it help you compete? Is $XXreally going to make a difference on a sale of 2 grand? Or does Lennox offer deals on these furnaces, like you commit to buying a certain amount of them and you get an even bigger price break?
    Last edited by HeyBob; 09-29-2007 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Pricing

Post Likes
    My cost between a G50 and G40 is a lot more than $XXXXXXXXXXX

Lennox is a first class operation. Have you contacted someone like a Territorial Manager?
    Last edited by HeyBob; 09-29-2007 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Pricing

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    My cost between a G50 and G40 is a lot more than $

mine is half of that ?????

i knew prices were regional but i thought they would at least be consistant.....
    Last edited by HeyBob; 09-29-2007 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Pricing

Post Likes
    the g40 is still a good furnace and reliable i would probably just ask for a 10 year parts and labor warranty from lennox

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in