Thread: e-vision

e-vision

I have two buildings with approximately 30 vav2 controllers and a zone manager for each. There is nothing that keeps these controllers in a cooling only mode in the summer when no heat (hot water) is available.I have care 2.0 and e-vision 1.2. The 50% of the rooms will go to a reheat mode then subcool. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by michael26 View Post
    I have two buildings with approximately 30 vav2 controllers and a zone manager for each. There is nothing that keeps these controllers in a cooling only mode in the summer when no heat (hot water) is available.I have care 2.0 and e-vision 1.2. The 50% of the rooms will go to a reheat mode then subcool. Any help would be appreciated.
    You could have the Zone Manager look at the hot water temp and if it is low, have the Zone Manager send a "3" to DestHvacMode to force all the VAVs to "Cool" mode.

Is this done in the switching logic of the zone manager? Then map and export to evision? Then recomision all controllers?

There are lots of ways it could be done.

I would set up a switching logic on a new multi-state point in the "ELINK" plant and compare the HW Temp to a cutoff setpoint, and then send a "3" to the VAVs through a command multiple in E-Vision. You want to send a "0" to the VAVs otherwise (for auto).

Then you would have to commission everything as well as download the CARE side of the Zone Manager.

Thank you. I am going to start on this monday, if I have any questions I will hit you up.

Do you have the E-Vision database backup (.evb)? If so, go online and change the configution of the problem boxes to no reheat. Then, when the room is cool the box will only deliver minimum cooling airflow. When configured with reheat, the box goes to reheat airflow setpoint, which most times is greater than cool min airflow.
    If you don't have the E-Vision database, did they map the airflow setpoints over to the zone manager? You could change the setpoints there also.

I created a global point in my zone manager based on outside air temp, which controls my boiler. Under switching logic in zm I created a psuedo digital point and called it desthvacall. It is a "n state." Being a 3 when oat is above 70 and another table to make it a 0 when oat is below 70, which is the same as boiler on off temp. Then downloaded the zm and tested the table with live care and it will say "cool" or "auto" depending on the oat. Then I exported the project to evision, closed care and opened evision. Imported the export then in evision I went to command multiple points and assigned desthvacall under zm points to all the "desthvacmode" points in all the vav2 controllers. Then it prompted me to commission all so I did all controllers. The ones that were in reheat mode are still trying to reheat, under sw points for the vavs in evision, under desthvacmode it says MAN AUTO and under destmanmode it says MAN ModeEnable. Where did I go wrong. do I have to update zm files with evision, it gives a warning "all the FNA files will be overwritten."

Quote Originally Posted by michael26 View Post
    do I have to update zm files with evision, it gives a warning "all the FNA files will be overwritten."
    Anytime you make changes to the ZM in CARE, you will need to update the ZM files in E-Vision prior to importing the CARE files into xi584.

1. Translate in CARE
    2. Import from CARE into E-Vision
    3. Configure your "Command Multiple"
    4. Update Zone Manager files in E-Vision
    5. Commission XL10s and ZM
    6. Import files into xi584
    7. Download ZM

I haven't worked much with E-vision in years, but this attached flow chart should help.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks tuncos, you are the man that worked perfect.