+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mcquay WMC software upgrade

Post Likes

Mcquay WMC software upgrade

1st question;

How do I obtain software to upgrade the UCM? All nodes appear to communicating properly in the set screen however the unit and comp1 and comp2 show no software version and the OTIS cannot see any points. Tech support wants to pass me off to the service branch and they are not calling back. Not sure what options I have?

2nd Question;

I just put a new TT400 compressor on the chiller, I have plenty of tcor experience so I am positive it has been commissioned properly. Is there new software for the microtech controller? It appears to be communicating, microtech can see pressures and igv position but when at idle shows a comm error?

Any information would be great,

Thanks

Post Likes
    You need to have Daikin (mcquay) come out and check the system out. There has been lots of upgrades. You replaced the compressor, does the BMCC match the existing compressor? either way Daikin needs to make sure everything is compatible with the new compressor and install the latest oits and ucm software along with the microtec software.

Post Likes
    Your going to have too contact Daikin, unless you can access Mcquaybiz.

Post Likes
    Had mcquay come and upload the correct software. Bmcc on the compressors don't match and from the sounds of it there is no fix for it as far as mcquay is concerned. Think I will look at yanking out the mcquay controls and go to killtech. I installed a couple of the newer gen4's and they seem to have worked a lot of the bugs out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by M&M78 View Post
    Had mcquay come and upload the correct software. Bmcc on the compressors don't match and from the sounds of it there is no fix for it as far as mcquay is concerned. Think I will look at yanking out the mcquay controls and go to killtech. I installed a couple of the newer gen4's and they seem to have worked a lot of the bugs out.
    Did you get the compressor from McQuay? If not, I believe that's the source of the problem. They put their own controls package in the compressor to communicate with their panel.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    Did you get the compressor from McQuay? If not, I believe that's the source of the problem. They put their own controls package in the compressor to communicate with their panel.
    True statement,

Also, I've heard McQuay requires software revision upgrades practically weekly, can't seem to get a handle how to control those T-cores...

Anybody else out there confirm this?

Post Likes
    I have a number of them that have not needed any upgrades in over 5 years. As far as mcquay communicating to turbocor it was a problem with turbocor changing software in their compressors and not tell mcquay. Then mcquay had to make a change on their end.

Post Likes
    Freonrick is correct turbocor changed the bmcc software which caused the communication issue when I replaced a failed compressor. I can see the compressor on the interface but it shows comm error on the micro tech.

The only reason they had to upload the correct UCM software version is because a year ago I replaced the OITS assembly and it had the wrong software version in it. Messin around with trying to get the compressor to talk I hit the load ucm button and the incorrect version was uploaded.

Mcquay has yet to tell me if there is a fix for the two different bmcc's.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in