supply air temperature from heat pump

Is there a chart that shows what the proper supply air temperature should be at register based on outside temperature concerning a heat pump with no heat strip in air handler?

Quote Originally Posted by joshuaocason View Post
    Is there a chart that shows what the proper supply air temperature should be at register based on outside temperature concerning a heat pump with no heat strip in air handler?
    There are to many variables. What is your supply and return temperature and outdoor?

I'll say this; it was 59 outside today and I was reading 76, supply air. no heat strip.

I'll say this; it was 59 outside today and I was reading 76, supply air. no heat strip.
    That would definitely be a low discharge temperature. At 60 degrees you should be seeing near 100 without auxillary

I am no expert but wouldn't the supply air temp be ten to twenty degrees below the condensing temperature?

PHM
    ------

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Even at 40'F outside, Supply Air should be near 100'F

In general,
    Room Temp 70'F
    Outside
    ....._.Supply Air 'F
    60 _ 104
    55 _ 103
    50 _ 102
    45 _ 100
    40 _ 99
    35 _ 97
    30 _ 96
    25 _ 94
    20 _ 92
    15 _ 91
    10 _ 90
    5 __ 88
    0 __ 86
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

it depends on the ductwork insulation, and the path the ductwork takes before you measure it, and the room temp at the time of measuring... if it was 40ish in the house, and the ductwork is poorly insulated, and it routes through a cold crawlspace or attic, and it's leaking badly at the joints, and it's very humid in the house, then, I could understand a 76 degree supply temp at the register...
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman