Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Let me first answer your question - No, however I have sold both.

I too feel the Sanyo ECOi is a good system, and far less complicated the the Mitsubishi CityMulti that is probably being redesigned and will be unveiled at ASHRAE2008. The difference for me between Sanyo and Samsung becomes the service after the sale & installation...Sanyo's Distributor STINKS , Samsung's DOES NOT.

I have little to add over Daikin, other than they came into the US several years ago...are they here to stay this time?

For technical service the people at Samsung and Sanyo have both been accessible.

You might find a company called Espi Tech has a High Velocity system with 3 inch outlets that will do it all and you can add strip heat up 100,000 BTU. Pricing is much lower than other HV systems and you have 6 outlets/ton.

Quote Originally Posted by FilterFolks View Post
    Let me first answer your question - No, however I have sold both.

I too feel the Sanyo ECOi is a good system, and far less complicated the the Mitsubishi CityMulti that is probably being redesigned and will be unveiled at ASHRAE2008. The difference for me between Sanyo and Samsung becomes the service after the sale & installation...Sanyo's Distributor STINKS , Samsung's DOES NOT.

I have little to add over Daikin, other than they came into the US several years ago...are they here to stay this time?

For technical service the people at Samsung and Sanyo have both been accessible.
    FilterFolks,

Is the Sanyo distributor regional or national? Not sure who the distributor is here in Virginia. Someone thought it was RE Michel but I think that may be for the mini-splits only. I suspect the ECOi system would fall under commercial and have a different distributor. Correct?

Maybe you can answer a couple of questions about the ECOi system. Am I correct in understanding that the minimum capacity for the compressor to run is 30% of nominal?

Also, it looks like the ducted air handlers have a reasonably good 75/25 split between sensible and latent capacities - at rated capacity. But, when the air handler is operating at less than full capacity what does that do to the SHR? The reason this is an issue is I will have two indoor air handlers, the typical one up and one down. The second floor unit will be sized for its maximum load in cooling and the first floor unit will be sized for its maximum load in heating. Thus, the first floor unit is oversized for the cooling load it will have. I am wondering what impact sizing it for the heat load will have on the latent cooing?

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12