Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Here's Rick's first solo boiler install without a senior tech doing it. He & I engineered the swap. We even ignored the instructions and did it Dan Holohan's way of pumping away. The manual showed the pump on the return like the good old days. Purger & vent at the highest point, tank under it, fill at that point, then the pump. Would have been nice to change the manual valves on each loop but salesman didn't call for it and would have freaked if we had done it eating up his commission. Purged easily and was heating nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Needs more valves....
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

I like the insulation on the gas HW tank... <rolls eyes>
    Yet no insulation on the boiler lines or the lines leaving the tank.

New MPO147 installed!!! See the pics!!!

Much thanks to all of you for your help - pls note the Beckett HeatManager in 4234 and the 3 extra isolation valves in 4233. 4231 is the whole new boiler - you can also see the new orange oil line and General 1A25A canister assembly on the oil tank. The other two pics are of my original boiler.

Kindest Regards, Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Water has been discharging from my Phase III hot water tank's TPR valve

Water has been discharging from my Phase III hot water tank's TPR valve since the boiler installation. I've a bucket under the discharge tube to collect the water. I've lowered the temperature on the Phase III to a little less than the midpoint on the thermostat to rule-out high temperature as the cause of the pressure forcing the TPR valve to discharge water, but that hasn't resolved the problem. Water comes into the house from a well.

Here's are my questions:

Is it likely that the new boiler installation is the cause of the TPR valve discharging water because it's sending water to the tank under too much pressure?

Have any of you encountered a leaking TPR valve following a new boiler installation.

Thanks, Jim

P.S. be sure to check out the pics of the new boiler in the preceding message

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123