Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 162
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    There gotta be room in the world for steamed Penguin
    Now thats funny I don't care how old you are!
    ___________________________________________


  2. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lancaster PA
    Posts
    67,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    If an applicant has a prosthetic leg it would be very difficult at best for him/her to climb into attics, that’s all the reason I need.

    Better watch out.
    Fed ADA laws would apply for that applicant.

    In the case of someone like that applying, you are required to give that person more consideration then it would be difficult for him/her to climb a ladder.
    You could end up in a big fed law suit.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  3. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Titusville Florida
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    The person I am looking for does not absolutely have to BE the best, but must have substantial knowledge and the confidence to feel like he/she is the best.
    Actually I don't want someone who has been in the business for 25-30 years because they will not be a good long term prospect.
    I would prefer someone with ten years experience and a greater long term potential.
    This quote looks like you do not want anybody over the age of forty. Can you say age Discrimination. If you look in most of the A/C supply house's most tech's are between 38-48

  4. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Southern Ca, Elkton Md
    Posts
    7,570
    Well, to me your add looks average, but better then some. Most techs who are worth what they will be paid, are interviewing you and your company when they have opportunity to sit down and talk with you.

    To me personally, money is important! If I cant support my family, own a house, and a good vehical of my choice and live life happily I can not work for you.

    At 25 hour, you can barley afford to buy a house in the low 200's.

    But if I can live off the income you are willing to provide me, then there are also many things that come into play. Me personally I will only work for a company who follows codes, proper procedures, use proper and good equipment and trucks, cares about there customers, and provides the highest quality work, and only wants to improve the company and the service they provide.

    Good luck in your search for good employees, they are out there!
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

    .1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

    What is your TESP?

  5. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,801
    Part of what he is fighting is probably the fact that our area is watered down with guys who talk a good game, got enough of the terminology down to make you feel good about them but God help you when you put a torch in their hands.....then what? Maybe its all areas .... I just see it here.

    Pioneer has a good reputation here.

    This post is taking a beating however.......lol
    ___________________________________________


  6. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Slacking off right now
    Posts
    7,546
    I'll give Pioneer full credit - he's been put to the fire on some points and posted calmly in response.

    Pioneer you still don't stand out from the better companies yet
    I am not talking about the bs cos - I mean the good co's in your area what do you offer that they don't that would entice their great installers over to you ? thats the question you have to answer
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

    Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

    Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

  7. #72

    In comparison

    The only things that come to mind are the jet ski and the pre-paid legal, oh yeah and the $25.00hr.
    These are the things that set my company apart from those in my area.
    I have 3 other HVAC companies in the same commercial complex where I rent space, one was a 2 men show until early this year where they did nothing but installs and worked for percentages, they hired a service tech this year at $20.00 with beni. (usual) one of the others employee 6 men besides the owner the highest pay is 2 men at $20.00, the final company employees 6 beside the owner and his highest paid is now $25.00hr. but only after he found out that was what I am paying, and only to his lead man.
    Believe me when I Tell you that residential companies here are just not paying what you guys in the more metropolitan areas do.
    A woman has the last word in any argument
    Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Slacking off right now
    Posts
    7,546
    $5hr would be enough to make me change jobs - do'nt know what to tell you
    wahts your rep with the suppliers?

    you know gossip at the counter can make the diff if a guy is unhappy at his present job - if you have a good rep you should be able to attract someone

    Idea: Offer a bonus to your guys if they recomend some one to you and you end up hiring em 1/2 at time of hire 1/2 after 3 months or 6 months

    A substansial bounus 1000.00 - no I'm not kidding you asked for an idea to stand out this will do it

    you could also offer a signing bonus to the guy you hire too. 500 to start then 500 after 6 months

    you can play with the numbers but they have to be big enough to get attention - 100 bucks will not do it
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

    Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

    Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

  9. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Thibodaux, LA
    Posts
    1,170
    Pioneer offered one of the best benefits no one failed to mention.

    He offered a job. Remember when that was a benefit.

    After reading through this thread it is clear why so many american jobs are outsourced to foreign countries.

    I say bring on the mexican invasion. We need workers!
    "Football Season again finally"

  10. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    tidewater, va
    Posts
    2,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Wj Stevens View Post
    Part of what he is fighting is probably the fact that our area is watered down with guys who talk a good game, got enough of the terminology down to make you feel good about them but God help you when you put a torch in their hands.....then what? Maybe its all areas .... I just see it here.

    Pioneer has a good reputation here.

    This post is taking a beating however.......lol
    Ain't that the truth!!!!

  11. #76

    Bluetooth

    You Da man!
    It sure is refreshing to read that there are at least a few of us out there that remember that.
    A woman has the last word in any argument
    Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

  12. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,849
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetooth751 View Post
    Pioneer offered one of the best benefits no one failed to mention.

    He offered a job. Remember when that was a benefit.

    After reading through this thread it is clear why so many american jobs are outsourced to foreign countries.

    I say bring on the mexican invasion. We need workers!
    People like you should move to Mexico..

    Getting a job isnt difficult, its job security folks are interested in and also little things like health insurance.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

    - General George S. Patton

  13. #78

    Wow

    I guess the truth really does hurt.
    A woman has the last word in any argument
    Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event